• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A must look at skinning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
We all know that when you import models into world editor, the skin and the model are 2 important requirements that needs to be met right? Now, what if, I have the
model, but the skin required to make the model work is divided into different files. Fine, you have all the files, the skin files that is, and the model, how are you going to import the model and the skin, while knowing that only one skin can be used at any one time, yet the entire skin is needed to make the model work?

In short
Question 1
Is there a way that I can use to apply multiple skin to a model using world editor? Since more than one skin is required for the model to work.

Question 2
Assuming question 1 is crap, is there a way for me to combine the skins together into one file? Say I combine (skin1.blp) and (skin2.blp) into one file, so it looks something like (skin3.blp) which is basically skin 1 and 2 combined together.

Thanks for taking the time to look through my problem, and I apologize if you think this is nonsense or a waste of time, however, a reply or a little help will be deeply appreciated.

Level 3
Good question, I'm not trying to import a model, my model has multiple skins, and world editor only allows one skin to be imported to one model at any one time, so my model simply won't show up. How do I import multiple skins then? Or can I combine the skins together?

Level 16
Hmm, I must say I have no idea what you're talking about lol
Alot of custom models use more than one texture, you just have to import them to the right paths.
Telle one thing : does the model show fine in a viewer (wc3 model editor)? If not, I can't really help because I don't have the files, but if it shows, you should be able to import it correctly, by using the right paths. If you still have problems, can you send me the model so I see what's wrong with it?

Level 3
Err, you got me. It is true that many custom models uses only one path, import them to the right path and that's it, true, but the minority requires more than one skin. Say 1 skin for the sword, 1 for the helmet, and 1 for the body, you get the idea. It's great if you are willing to help me, but apparently, according to the moderator, it's a world of warcraft model. So I wonder if you will still help after knowing this.

Level 16
Hmm, yeah. I don't care it's a model of what, it must only be viewable in a model viewer (for wc3).

And like I said, maybe it's a minority like you say, but there are MANY models using 2+ textures.

Level 3
It's not viewable on warcraft 3 viewer, partly cos I don't know how to use it, but it does show up fine on WC3_ Image extractor though. Wonder what that means. I don't know about the textures part, but how exactly do I use 2 skins on 1 model?

Level 3
That's ok, just tell me roughly what's the next step and I will sort it out myself. I posted this thread elsewhere, and have already gotten some response, so it's ok. But just tell me what's next assuming it's viewable on warcraft 3 viewer. I can't discuss much now, have to prepare for school, see you later and thanks for help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.