• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A missile system that works with cliffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm working on a map.

I've got some knowledge here and there of the editor, in my opinion enough for the kind of map im doing.

Yet, when it comes to custom spells, i can't do much about my low understanding about many "functions" these spells use to work. I can import the system and try to figure out what it needs to be properly installed and functioning, and it usually works.

The info above just so you know who you are talking with (pretty much, a noob :D)

So here is the issue: For my map, I need a spell that acts as a player aimed shot (that will run straight towards said direction and dissapear on first unit impacted, even better if it could apply on hit effects (knockback, aoe dmg, freeze, stun, etc), not point n click like regular fireball spell). And i've found many (one that has some jump thing included, another of an archer that shoots many kinds of ammo), and looked their test maps and they're fine, just what i need.

I'm going to use blizzard cliffs in my map, and saw there were no blizzard cliffs in said spell test maps. So I added some, to see how collision would behave with along with the systems. All of them didn't want to run when I pressed "Test". When the editor gave away the error report in the code, it pointed out every string of the code as if it had an issue.
So my question is: Are these systems not meant to work with cliffs, I am too stupid to understand something im missing or just the simple fact of editing the spell test maps (which one should be totally able to modify) makes the code not functional?

Edit: Not even sure if it is the right place to post this, but oh well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.