1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

a minor correction

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Uncle Fester, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Hi all!
    I just started making a model by request (--> my model shop in the request section) and ended up with this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=028zdp. How can i fix the model's right side? I want it to look like the left side. I just made the right side in milkshape that way: Vertex (in the top task bar) --> Mirror Left <--> Right. How can i make it look exaclty like the other side? The way to correct it should be preferable in Milkshape. :wink:

2. Infrisios

Infrisios

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I can't give you direct help since I never worked with milkshape, but I can tell you that the TVertices are wrong, which means the UV-Mapping has not been mirrored correctly. Try looking for a way to mirror fix how the texture is applied to the vertices.

3. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    that's all? So basically, all I've 2 do is 2 reskin it it? Or does it require something else? :vw_wtf:

4. Infrisios

Infrisios

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hmm I just took a closer look (with less weird light settings) and it turns out I was wrong, so it's probably the normals that are screwed up, the texture is absolutely fine. Sorry for that.

5. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    no problem dude. Found out what was needed: just Smooth All and done! :goblin_yeah: