• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Altered Melee] A Melee game / DND for single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As a long time fan of Warcraft 3 I have an idea for a map and would like to gather a team of trigger editors, model designers, and terrain editors for this project. As the multiplayer community is changing and more people leave wc3 there are some old dire hard fans like me still playing the game. Playing old custom maps but as RP is long dead on wc3. I would like to put together a melee map with a dnd/rp kind of style thats uniquely different from others so die hard fans can never get bored of the game and obtain a massive fun gameplay.

Think of it in similar reference to titansland, and dobrp combined as one with its own unique storyline to the map. Now how this map would be unlimited gameplay as I have seen in one titans land after the computer loses its town hall, stronghold, necropolis, or night elf tree and all the units are dead. The player red had a ability on the god character that recreated all the halls and starting workers for each team color. This would also let the ai start all over like it was never defeated reviving old heroes and building up a army again.

Now as for some features I would like to put into this map would be some examples as follows.

Weather Conditions
Ability or command to change the weather to cause effects to all the other players who are not red/dm.

Lightning Storm - Random lightning strikes all over the map some may damage units and buildings

Meteorite Storm - Rain of fire on the whole map causing meteorites to fall over the map damaging units and buildings.

infernal rain - infernals rain from the sky all over the map spawning hostile to all players.

night of the dead - darkness falls and smoke plagues the map csusing the undead to rise from the ground.

These are some examples for weather conditions the dm can set on the land itself.

As for some divine abilities which our dobrp element would come in to adding any ability to any character. Some divine ability would be 1 ability to be select a group of units with the aoe then the second ability would send them to the targeted point like gravity flew them across the map. This ability would be similar to one use in a old version of katanovas rise of kingdoms map. Another ability which I would implement would be a trigger effected ability called.

Power Ascension - Every time you kill a enemy your damage base goes up by 2 points in stats min - max.

If anyone out there is willing to spend time and dedication to making a map together which can give us endless fun of gameplay since in singleplayer custom games there is no size limit for a map. A ton of unique features could be implemented without having to cut corners. Would anyone like to join together and make this map idea into a reality?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.