• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a little help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
LOLLLLLLLL im not noob i know how to chnage the units name no i want when a the map inizialize the units name chnage to name of player 1 that it

lolll i know all trigger all object in world editor i know alllll....

Level 5
Thorn_ix said:
LOLLLLLLLL im not noob i know how to chnage the units name no i want when a the map inizialize the units name chnage to name of player 1 that it

lolll i know all trigger all object in world editor i know alllll....

Ya not a NUB then why ya askin ?,, you mean changin the Unit Name or Proper Name ?..there are two dude, Darkshadow yes you could change the unit name by triggers without usin WE unlimited,, a new map im makin right now ,,,i dont use WE unlimited,,cause its fuked up sometimes,,its better with the Original from blizzard :) ,,, if you know all about triggers ,,,the original is same as WE unlimited,,this program just added in some useless stuffs,,,its like copied and regenerated from the Blizzard world edit.

Level 13
randym4a1 said:
Darkshadow yes you could change the unit name by triggers without usin WE unlimited,, a new map im makin right now ,,,i dont use WE unlimited,,cause its fuked up sometimes,,its better with the Original from blizzard :)

Hm, randy, if you say there's a trigger for this then there must be, but I couldn't find it. btw I'm using normal WE almost everytime, just thought to check the WEU-triggers. The other reason I opened WEU is that it's in english so I don't have to translate to the triggers from german to english if I want to post them :wink:

Level 4
hes not a n00b not everybody knows that u can't do it - just coz ur all master mappers like me doesn't mean u can flame him :evil:

Level 5
DarkShadow said:
randym4a1 said:
Darkshadow yes you could change the unit name by triggers without usin WE unlimited,, a new map im makin right now ,,,i dont use WE unlimited,,cause its fuked up sometimes,,its better with the Original from blizzard :)

Hm, randy, if you say there's a trigger for this then there must be, but I couldn't find it. btw I'm using normal WE almost everytime, just thought to check the WEU-triggers. The other reason I opened WEU is that it's in english so I don't have to translate to the triggers from german to english if I want to post them :wink:

Yes bro there a trigger for this,, Randy using Normal WE too bro, randy only use normal WE ,,me dont like WEU unlimited,,,WEU doesnt have that trigger i think,,cause never used WEU for my main map.. only whenever im testing something, well if you want that trigger just PM me,,im at my friend house right now,,dont have world edit here.

Level 4
randym4a1 said:
well if you want that trigger just PM me,,im at my friend house right now,,dont have world edit here.

There is no such trigger. You cannot change the name of a unit dynamically in the game. You could make multiple copies of a unit with different names and write a trigger that replaces one unit with the other, but that's a poor solution. And there's certainly no way to name a unit to the name of a player.

Level 5
redscull said:
randym4a1 said:
well if you want that trigger just PM me,,im at my friend house right now,,dont have world edit here.

There is no such trigger. You cannot change the name of a unit dynamically in the game. You could make multiple copies of a unit with different names and write a trigger that replaces one unit with the other, but that's a poor solution. And there's certainly no way to name a unit to the name of a player.

LOL then you dont know,, you should check all the available triggers in world edit and test them, after that come back and lets us talk again ! there a lots of things that nobody know in triggers unless you are the blizard war3 game creators. something that peoples could do but you could not, something that peoples could not do but i could.

Level 5
redscull said:
You know Randy, I believe you. But I can't seem to find the function. However, I want it so badly for my own map that I'll paypal you $20 if you tell me the function name.

LOL Oh My God ! ,,its eazy,,, i told you to check all the availables trigger in war3 trigger editor,,did you check ?,,You could Set hero name and hero Propper name,,,players name on units,,

Hehehe :lol: I dont need money bro, i need girl ! jokin,,, OK PM me ill give you the funtion,,ok bro ! be cool :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.