• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a little bit of help with triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello can anyone help me with my triggering problem i am making a TD but i dont know how to set the wave of enimies i made the enimies but i cant seem to get them to spawn in order. i need to set it so that they dont just keep spawning the same monster. so i think i just need to add a trigger that changes what monster spawns. this will be my first map so if u can help me pls do. Thx. oh and if i need to use integers or arrays or variables to set the levels please tell me how to do that as well thank you

Level 7
create a variable: SpawnMonster set it to: unit type and give it: no preselected unit.

Make your spawning trigger: lets say: Event, every 60 seconds, create 20 'spawnmonster' for player ##. (or if you want intervals between do the trigger like: 1'spawnmonster' wait 1 sec, 1'spawnmonster', wait 1 sec, etc etc...

Next, make a second trigger for setting the 'spawnmonster' variable. Make trigger: variable, set unit type to: (your level 1 spawn type unit) wait 60 seconds. (This has to do with your time between spawns intervals so it can be more or less; i used 60 because the spawn trigger is 60 second intervals.) Then do another trigger of the same type with set variable unit to: level 2 spawn. make another wait actuion and continue this till youve done all the spawns you could want. hope this helps you and any other td maker :). (i would like to note i did MY td the long way by accident without variables as i didnt know how to do thsoe variables till i saw: Video game maul which i spoke of in an earlyer post :lol: ) I doubt MY td will be released anytime soon or even EVER as i am sorta tired of making it and have patially 'quit' on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.