• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A little help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, im pretty comfortable with triggers (GUI/World Edit only) but i cant seem to get an auto cast spell (Im using Frost Arrows) to add damage based on the Characters Intelligence when it auto attacks. I can get it to work when you manualy cast the spell, but it happens before the attack animation even starts (Im trying to create the spell the Archer in The Black Road 2.0 has).

Level 2
Its an autocast on attack, searing arrows/frost arrows it think, and it deals 1.5 times your int in bonus damage. the damage is done once the arrow hits the target and it works if you auto cast it. thats where i am having a problem, i can get the spell to work if you cast it by clicking the icon and then the target, but the damage happens before you even attack. i cant get it to work as an auto cast at all. im not sure if they used jass or not, but im just getting comfortable with the GUI so jass is way beyond me for now.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You need to use JASS and create an attack damage detection system to tell when the arrow hits.

Blizzard cut corners when making autocast arrows so that they simply modify themselves onto the units actual attack instead of casting the ability. This can be seen by autocast arrows can have a greater than attack range range, which they do not natrually use and when they do use the extra range manually it messes up animation speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.