• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A hero with multiple instances of a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
so i'm trying to make a hero that has three different metamorphosis abilities, all three based off of the demon hunter metamorphosis spell. but whenever i try and cast one of the spells when all three are learned, it randomly chooses one of the metamorphosis spells, activates it, then puts all of them on their cooldowns. would there be any way to make it so that doesnt happen? :confused:
I tried using three different spells (metamorphosis, chemical rage and avatar), but the results were not to my liking.

Level 5
You can try by giving the hero 3 dummy abilities instead of 3 metamorphosis based abilities like what you did. Give the 3 dummy abilities different order strings to make sure they get separate cooldowns. Whenever you cast one of the spells, add a metamorphosis based ability to the hero, force him to cast it then remove it after he finishes casting the spell. Hope this works. :)

Level 3
alright, illl try that. but about the order strings, i tried giving the three metamorphosis abilities different order strings - should that have worked? cuz it didnt for me :p of course when i did it i wasnt using the three dummy abilities

EDIT: one question - how exactly do i order a unit to use a custom ability? :p i know how to order them to use an already in game hero ability but yea, not one made by me.

Last edited:
Only Channel (and one more) can take custom order strings. For this 3-spelled metamorphosis, you will need three different spells: Metamorphosis, Bear Form, Crow Form.
The custom ability part: It has to be based off another ability to be able of casting it through triggers. If you go to the "Unit - Issue an order targeting a unit (for example)", you will see "Orc Shaman - Bloodlust". In order to Bloodlust a target through a custom ability, you will need to base the Bloodlust off the Orc Shaman's, not the "neutral hostile"'s you might find. This goes for every spell, e.g. War Stomp too. You must not base it off the Neutral Hostile's, but the "Orc Tauren Warchief".

Level 3
ic, ty for the help both of you, but i think i ended up fixing it myself XD. I just screwed around with chemical rage and robo goblin and ended up getting them extremely close to the effects of metamorphosis and gave me the results i wanted.
@ Pharaoh: yea i contemplated using bear form and crow form, but i didnt want the abilities to be deactivate-able. but yea i just went into the gameplay constants and made it so robo goblin wasnt deactivate-able either, so i suppose those would have worked too, but i thought of the robo goblin thing first :p

Status
Not open for further replies.