• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A hero with 3 separate entities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want this hero to have 3 separate hp, mp, and xp bar and ability sets. Presently i have a bunch of copies of the hero stashed away from the battlefield. whenever you click the ability it swaps the copy that you are using with the next unit in line. I also want them to have a small bonus to hp and mp regen when not in play. How would I accomplish this without them premade.

Level 29
u would have to trigger it all.

when the unit gets moved out of play u need to get its health, mana, health regen, mana regen. raise the health and mana regen.
then to raise it u basically have a trigger that is every 1 second. add the health regen to the health and the mana regen to the mana variables and there u go.

it would be better with premade units tho since premade units arent that hard to manage u wont need to do all the triggers. also when u create units they always leak. so if this happens often it will raise the ram and eventually crash the game. although that will take a long time to do it will never happen with the premade units.

u can also have a trigger that runs on map init to create the units and store them in variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.