• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Entity Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-2-4-a-142085/?prev=search=entity&d=list&r=20

I want to make a simple modification using this system by HINDYhat.

I have tried a few times with simple vJass knowledge but can't seem to get anything to work.

What i am trying to do:

When a unit dies, 3 "corpse" bits are created (some type of imported model or a meatwagon missile) that last 3 seconds and are forced away from the dying unit in an upward direction (using the gravity funciton within the entity system).

When a hero dies, 7 larger "corpse" bits are created (using same models) but are forced in a upward-direction away from the dying hero.

All created piece are evenly spread out.

If someone will help create the trigger in vJass (ensuring it will work) I would greatly appreciate it!
(Sorry for being newb)

Level 22
First you need to make a new struct which extends entityData.
Look in SEEdatalib to do that.
Then you just make a new entity.
JASS:
set e = entity.create(YOUR_NEW_ENTITY_DATA_STRUCT.create(), YOUR_PLAYER, X_POSITION, Y_POSITION, HEIGHT, FACING_ANGLE)
And then you can use f.ex. the method "projectToPointTimed".
JASS:
call e.projectToPointTimed(X_POSITION, Y_POSITION, HEIGTH, TIME)

Status
Not open for further replies.