• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Group Preview Message!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

As some may know, I am the new leader of our Anime Group and the first thing I want to change, that's our Group Picture as we have none.

But, there are hundreds, thousands of anime out there, so what anime/picture should we choose ? Or, do we want something simple like just 'Anime Group', some letters, maybe some decoration ?

All up to you, as you are member of this group :)

Please add suggestions in this discussion!

Suggestion Rules:
  • all images have to apply to the rules of Hive
  • limit to ONE picture/anime per user
  • if you only choose an anime, please make sure you offer detailed description of what you imagine for the group picture ( for example, a background of anime xy with 'Anime Group' description)
  • adding the picture/link is not required, but helpful
  • suggestion rules have their priority from top to bottom

Level 18
I feel the group picture should not be narrowed down to one show as this group is not about a particular anime, though we could always change it periodically to fit the current season.

Perhaps, the group picture could show a host of characters gathered together.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I feel the group picture should not be narrowed down to one show as this group is not about a particular anime,
I totally agree. As this is a group for anime in general, it is a difficult question what to choose as our picture. I myself thought about a neutral picture ( yeah, define neutral, I know) with letters telling Anime Group

Perhaps, the group picture could show a host of characters gathered together
I thought about this, too, but looks strange if it has only little heads or mini characters, guess we have to talk about the composition.

Level 12
Note: You should probably say what size do you want the picture or at least its dimensions.
Note2: Why the group is dead ? Well, most people do not log into hive to discuss anime, they are here because of the modding (including me).

I believe that the preview picture should NOT be tied to a single anime, it should be either Original Art in anime style which is not of any anime OR it could be a combination of many anime.

Now to my suggestion... I actually have a pretty big collection, like a few thousands, of anime related pictures and I have a few in mind, having me decide on only one (you evil person...) is pretty tough...

Author:Unknown
Anime: None
5050_293337950767813_380727380_n.jpg

There were quite a few pictures which "did not make the cut", and they are pretty amazin, you may see them here and...

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Note: You should probably say what size do you want the picture or at least its dimensions.
Well, I thought it is obvious, it should have a good size, so it is visible in the 'icon', so it does not look blurry or you cannot see any details. So, if you suggest a big image, make sure its resize looks good, too.
Note2: Why the group is dead ?
Hm, 'dead' is maybe the wrong expression, our Anime Group is rather .. unused. Of course, as you say:
most people do not log into hive to discuss anime, they are here because of the modding
I will add some new discussions I myself think of that they could give us a good opportunity to discuss and get some life into this group.

having me decide on only one (you evil person...)
Oh, you want to suggest thousands ? Oh sure, just add them, I will be glad to scroll through them.

Here is the one which fits the best... probably
Hm, I disagree, what do you think ? Although it expresses exactly what we could add as an image, its resize won't give us a good view, I think ( text will be hardly visible, won't it ?)
I myself like this one: http://postimg.org/image/723669taj/, 'someone' could add 'Anime Group' and cut the left and right site and there we go. This is my suggestion.

EDIT: hm, does not really work out..

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Okay, I though again about this topic and here is another suggestion:

Simple text 'Anime Group' and then some anime faces/expressions around the letters, maybe from different anime.

What do you think ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Alright, we wait for nedio95, he announced he will present us something and then we decide.

I am not sure about how to handle it tho. I wait for comments some days and if none disagrees, it will become our new Group picture.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Well, if none makes suggestions I will pick one that I myself like..

Level 12
Wops, hehe, I totally did not forgot about this... I was working hard on it, very hard, giving it my all and... yea...

I do not remember what are THW image size restriction so this one is 200x200 pixels and 76kb
THW_Anime_Group_JPG_200x200.jpg

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I think you did quite well. So I will make this our new group picture as I do not think anyone has something against it. If you do not want nedio95s one, you can post a message here and a 'better' image, so that we can discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.