• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Forgotten Custom Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
A long time ago, I used to play a map that felt somewhat like WoW. There were a selection of heroes at the start. As soon as you pick one, your camera gets sent into a third person perspective and you spawn at a troll village. Once there, you could walk around to pick up quests from npc's and go into the wilderness to grind exp/questing. The terrain is based on the maelstorm (hence it has islands). I can't remember the name, but it did have something to do with the tomb of sargeras or something similar.

Anybody know what it's called?

Level 1
That's the one! The coloring style and terrain look alike, but I remember playing on a different version where you didn't get a cutscene at the start; you get to pick a hero as soon as the game started (there were about 25 of them). The colors were much clearer too with none of this orange fog. Also, you started on the north-west island. All the other maps I find on this are betas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.