• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A few problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, I'll keep this short, me and my friend are making a modified melee map, using one of Blizzard's melee maps as a starting point. Long-story short, the human buildings/units have been replaced with dwarven, therefore me and my friend -need- to have the colours Orange(him) and me(Yellow).

The problem is, when I go to Scenario->Player Properties, I get to choose whether people have preset starting locations, I get to choose which race they are, but my problem is, how can I change their colours?

For example, Player 1 is Red, how can I make him Yellow? Player 2 is Blue, how can I make him Orange? So on, and so on. The problem is, I can't seem to make colours have a preset starting location, only players.

Which is why I need to be able to bind Yellow to Player 1, and Orange to Player 2, as I know how to make -players- start off at certain locations.

And one more thing, in the Object Editor, where I can edit units, their stats, models, etc, after changing the Siege Engine's stats, no change seems to take place for it -in game-, whereas changing other units' stats, so on, always takes place in game. This only happens to me with the Siege Engine, yes.

Well, that's it for now, I would really appreciate all help, so thank you in advance!

Level 12
Okay, I'll keep this short, me and my friend are making a modified melee map, using one of Blizzard's melee maps as a starting point. Long-story short, the human buildings/units have been replaced with dwarven, therefore me and my friend -need- to have the colours Orange(him) and me(Yellow).

The problem is, when I go to Scenario->Player Properties, I get to choose whether people have preset starting locations, I get to choose which race they are, but my problem is, how can I change their colours?

For example, Player 1 is Red, how can I make him Yellow? Player 2 is Blue, how can I make him Orange? So on, and so on. The problem is, I can't seem to make colours have a preset starting location, only players.

Which is why I need to be able to bind Yellow to Player 1, and Orange to Player 2, as I know how to make -players- start off at certain locations.

And one more thing, in the Object Editor, where I can edit units, their stats, models, etc, after changing the Siege Engine's stats, no change seems to take place for it -in game-, whereas changing other units' stats, so on, always takes place in game. This only happens to me with the Siege Engine, yes.

Well, that's it for now, I would really appreciate all help, so thank you in advance!

i'm not sure but there is really no chance to make them binded in any color that's not their origin color..

you could however change their color via triggers
  • Set tempGroup = (Units owned by Player 1 (Red))
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempGroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Change color of (Picked unit) to Yellow
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_tempGroup)
Note : put above trigger functions on Map Initialization

and change the color for every units that is created

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change color of (Triggering unit) to Yellow
about the siege engine, what did you really change ? because when i tried changing them, it's fine and take places in game

Level 23
I really think you cant. People tried to do this before and they didnt have success afaik(correct me if Im wrong). The problem is, AI or what is color driven and so you cant just swap colors
About the siege engine, I dont know really :D there are other people to help you on that

Level 3
Thanks for the replies so far. About the Siege Engine, I changed its hit points to be 900 instead of 700, also made its visual size to be larger. Changed its price, as well, which took place in game, but only that. The HP and visual size changes did not occur in game.

Level 12
Thanks for the replies so far. About the Siege Engine, I changed its hit points to be 900 instead of 700, also made its visual size to be larger. Changed its price, as well, which took place in game, but only that. The HP and visual size changes did not occur in game.

that's really weird, i tried to change the siege engine's Hit Points Maximum several times, and it had always worked..

EDIT : in case you didn't believe that i did try them before making such a statement.. here is the picture

210329-albums5809-picture61608.jpg

Last edited:
Level 3
About the triggers, have never ever worked with them before, so I honestly have no idea how to do this, exactly. Could you please post a small, compact guide on how to exactly do this, or perhaps point me to one? Would be really helpful.

Level 12
About the triggers, have never ever worked with them before, so I honestly have no idea how to do this, exactly. Could you please post a small, compact guide on how to exactly do this, or perhaps point me to one? Would be really helpful.

yes i will put you through..

open your world editor and your map..
and press F4 which will get you into Trigger Editor..
there you will see a trigger called "Melee Initialization"
right click that and choose NEW TRIGGER..

now you will see a new trigger called "Untitled Trigger 001"
inside that trigger you will see events, conditions, and actions..
there you right click the events and choose new events..
there will be a dropdown menu, just search for "Unit - Unit Enters Region"

after that, you will see a text "Region" that is colored red and underlined..
click the red text and from the dropdown menu choose Playable Map Area
then press OK, and OK again

there you got your event :)

now for conditions, right click the conditons and choose new conditions..
from the dropdown menu, choose player comparison and then press "OK" and "OK" again

and now you get your condition :)

now for actions, right click the actions and choose new actions..
from the dropdown menu, search for "Unit - Change Color", click that"
now you will see a underlined blue text "Red".. click them and choose yellow from the dropdown menu..

there you got your action :)

i'm sorry for late and bad replies.. i should've make it step by step..

EDIT : the same goes for player 2 Blue, just need a little changes.. tell me if you're done with Player 1 Red and get the results

Level 3
Thanks, man, you saved me! Now Player 1 has the Yellow colour once the game actually starts, and Player 2 has Orange! However, I have one problem. In Scenario->Player Properties->Forces, once I tick both "Use Custom Settings", and "Fixed Player Settings", options which I think are needed in order for me to set people to have a preset starting location(which I managed to do). Well, when I do that, what happens in the game lobby is, everyone's team 1, which I don't want. How can I change it so that people can still choose their teams, instead of being locked in team 1 for some reason?

Thanks in advance, you're being extremely helpful. =)

Level 12
Thanks, man, you saved me! Now Player 1 has the Yellow colour once the game actually starts, and Player 2 has Orange! However, I have one problem. In Scenario->Player Properties->Forces, once I tick both "Use Custom Settings", and "Fixed Player Settings", options which I think are needed in order for me to set people to have a preset starting location(which I managed to do). Well, when I do that, what happens in the game lobby is, everyone's team 1, which I don't want. How can I change it so that people can still choose their teams, instead of being locked in team 1 for some reason?

Thanks in advance, you're being extremely helpful. =)

now, if you want to make ability to be teamed.. you need to do the same triggers for Player 3 and Player 4 (Player 3 teal to "Yellow" and Player 4 purple to "Orange")
no, you don't need to tick "Fixed Player Settings"..

this..

210329-albums5809-picture61610.jpg

from the picture above, you just need to tick the "Fixed Start Location" and you now have the preset starting location..

210329-albums5809-picture61611.jpg
"]

Status
Not open for further replies.