• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Confuzing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I belive this comes under the Site discussuion;

You dont accept ripped models, right

But you do accept ripped Maps that people have worked hard on and have been destroyed by people who dont know how to make maps.

I dont understand the logic

Also its not "Ripping" if you give credit to the people who made the models .eg Blizzard people dont have to use them, also they are not putting the ones people have made out of the way with all the effort they put in to waste, people made the blizzard models and they but effort it.

I rest my case - as homer would say

Level 32
The acceptance or rejection of all resources is based on the site rules specific to each section for example:

Community > FAQ > THW Rules > Resource Section Rules > Map Rules
If a map is based upon or contains a large percentage of another map's ideas or components, full credit is expected to be given. Resource moderators will decide on a case-by-case basis which maps are "original" enough to be approved.

If any map (or other resource) author feels that their resource has been "ripped" they should immediately create an Admin Contact thread to discuss the issue: resources have been removed in the past due to such discussions. That policy is certain to continue.

Level 3
Sorry been away for a while but im back now pc broke :( but i still got my BT map i think o_O

Neways, so your seriously telling me that all the Green TDs (example) that all have the same or almost the same Map pathing, triggers, build tooltips, gold costs, units hps, and stuff like on every version "Multiple Target" on the poisons towers when clearly it has been ripped as it would have multi target.
I bet 2 or 3 people have actualy made thier own Green TD version on the maps, and all the other stuff, If you dont want models or skins but you want maps or music, isnt that hypocritical ? either have them all with full credits to who made it, or have none of them and make sure they are the real thing.

It annoys me as i require WoW models but i cant have them
Low skill mappers require maps to edit and learn from but they rename it as they made it and therefore copy in the same way as a wow model but possibly not as bad.

Music also falls under copyright unless it is from an application such as Limewire not taken directly from the Patch(2).mpq file.

I am not making this argument to be awkward but to either re-establish what is acceptable on the terms that it isnt stolen or have the resticrtions removed unless full credit isnt given.

Level 40
Ripped maps are brought of from time to time and deleted.

The big problem is the expanse of the map database, and the fact that the maps mods aren't keeping up with the awaiting-approval resource list. Many of those stolen maps have been in the maps section since wc3search (which had no approval system and accepted virtually anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.