• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A bunch of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi everyone
I have some questions, all related in some ways with spells, so i thought i'd make a whole post for all my newb doubts:

GUI
1. Is the Set Lifespan action enough to destroy a floating text or will it leak until i won't Destroy it with Destroy Floating Text?

2. Are "Istant Triggers" (Triggers Without Waits) MUI even if they use globals? I Swear i tried to search on the forums but haven't found an answer.

3. I Have a "Unit is Damaged" Event and i have an hero with 2 spells and the normal attack, i want this event to be applied only when the damage dealt comes from the normal attack and one of theese spells. For now i solved the problem by making a condition "Damage Done is different than x" where x is the damage of the spell (which can't be achieved through the normal attack nor the other spell). "Ability Being Cast Different From xxx" doesn't work, is there a more efficient and precise way to get this done?

4. How do i make a unit immune to friendly spells for a certain amount of time, or better if there is some way to make it just immune to teleportation or anything that would make it move from its position while it's paused would be better :)

JASS (mind i've started learning JASS yesterday, and all i've done till now was setting local variables to a spell i turned from GUI to text :sad: )

1. Is there a Function to stop a trigger that's being executed? I haven't tried with DestroyTrigger yet, but i suppose by using it i'll have to create the trigger again, if i want the trigger to be used again

2. Why Oh Why there are thoose silly BJ functions that do the same thing of native functions but they get parameters in a different order? i just don't get it

And theese are all my doubts at the moment

Last edited:
Level 6
1. Is there a Function to stop a trigger that's being executed? I haven't tried with DestroyTrigger yet, but i suppose by using it i'll have to create the trigger again, if i want the trigger to be used again

Most triggers happen instantly, you cant stop that.

Some have wait with a timer on 2sec, you have to be REALLY fast to stop it.
This is if you are talking about ingame.

Level 7
i have a trigger that runs during a channelled spell, so until the spell is being channelled it keeps looping. At the moment the spell is in GUI and the Trigger checks after every loop if a global boolean is set to TRUE, if not then stops the loop. The boolean is turned to FALSE through another trigger that checks if the casting is being interrupted or completed.

I Wanted to turn it in JASS and make it MUI, i was thinking that there could be a function to stop another running trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.