• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

and also another bunch of questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
1- the second spell of Skywrath Mage (An Intelligence DotA hero) named Concussive Shot does as the following:
It hits the closest hero in a long range around the hero if the hero is visible to you with a shot of magic, now the question is how can someone make this spell ? how to make it to recognize the closest hero to your hero in a range that is visible to you
2- my next question is how to make Item spells deactivated in a duration, surely you saw doom spell in DotA, it deactivates item spells as well, you can't use items in the duration, how is this possible ?
3- the last question is that is there a way to grant a unit or hero bonus spell reduction through triggers ?

Level 9
1. you do this by:
-save a temporary value of the aoe of the ability (TEMP)
-looping through a unit group, checking if its enemy and visible and is a hero,
-if it is, you check the distance to caster, compare it to the TEMP, if the distance is less than TEMP, you save that unit and set TEMP = distance. do this for all units in group.
when the loop end, you will have an enemy Hero, visible, and closest to you.

2. its a built-in feature of Doom as base ability.

3. assuming this spell reduction refer to spell damage reduction, you can grant unit/hero spell damage reduction if you use a Damage Detection System which support differentiation of attack and spell damage. otherwise, you will have to do it via add ability.

3. assuming this spell reduction refer to spell damage reduction, you can grant unit/hero spell damage reduction if you use a Damage Detection System which support differentiation of attack and spell damage. otherwise, you will have to do it via add ability.

I have one additional note for this sentence : Looking_for_help Physical Damage Detection and Nestharus Damage Detection System (possibly Cokemonkey's DDS too?) are the ones that support this.

Level 33
The doom ability duration is until the target dies, how is that possible?.

IceFrog implements a 'Timer' upon cast.
When Timer ends, it removes the buff, therefore stopping Doom.
Yes, Doom can be removed.

Remove it via trigger.

I'm not sure if you can remove it via Remove Buff function, but I removed the Doom buff via UnitRemoveAbility(target, 'BNdo')

Status
Not open for further replies.