• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need help with a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey im making a new map and i need some help with a spell. It's a spell like Multicast in dota.... I've got everything to work except that when ANY unit dies on the map the spell stops casting and i have no idea why.... Here is the code:
  • Actions
    • Set MultiFart = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • MultiFart Less than or equal to 10
      • Then - Actions
        • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Multi fart! above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 12.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
        • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds
        • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 30.00 towards 90.00 degrees
        • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
            • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at (Position of (Triggering unit)), dealing 150.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Death
            • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Vulnerable
            • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by ((Random real number between 0.00 and 4.00), (Random real number between 0.00 and 4.00))) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\PlagueCloud\PlagueCloudCaster.mdl
            • Sound - Play Fart <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Triggering unit)
            • Wait for Fart <gen> to be 0.00 seconds from finished playing
            • Sound - Destroy (Last played sound)
            • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Else - Actions
        • Sound - Play Fart <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Triggering unit)

Level 2
Thats the point... theres nothing about a unit dying.... Everything works but when the "spell" kills someone it stops casting...

Level 2
How can i solve it without any Wait then? Any tips? :) Cus if i take away the wait the sound and effects wont work as i want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.