• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A better start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ahhh, this map had loads of acclaim. However, I quitted the game, because of such a poor-start. Just walk for a few seconds as a Witch Doctor, then shitloads of ghouls spawn and you just pwn them with your minions, then the whole thing feels directionless after that. The Diablo feel is nowhere, in here.

Level 19
Ahhh, this map had loads of acclaim. However, I quitted the game, because of such a poor-start. Just walk for a few seconds as a Witch Doctor, then shitloads of ghouls spawn and you just pwn them with your minions, then the whole thing feels directionless after that. The Diablo feel is nowhere, in here.

Well, we're recreating the Diablo 3 Gameplay Trailer so we won't change that. On the other hand you could try to play the map on multiplayer as it provides a lot better and enjoyable experience.

Hopefully you'll enjoy version 1.18 a bit better.

Level 19
Trying to make something look totally like a video? Not like a game? Can be fatal sometimes in gameplay.

Like most maps they are created using an inspiration source. This is no exception. We're recreating the terrain of the Diablo 3 Gameplay Trailer and in the process we do also create the units, heroes, items, mechanics etc. that make up for the gameplay aspect of Diablo 3. Ofc, we can't mimic it 100% and we're limited to the WarCraft III engine so we're trying to do our best.

Level 19
I don't want you to mimic it.
The WarCraft engine isn't as limited as you think...of course, remember Sharpshooter, FPSMod, TPSProto...

When I talk about limitation I talk about what can't be done using the Editor. I'm well aware that e.g. First Person Shooter maps are well possible as well as complex physic systems etc.

The engine itself can't be changed enough to mimic Diablo 3 totally but we're trying to do our best using the tools that are available.

Mimicking is pretty much how we intend to do the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.