1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

A Battle of Eternity

Submitted by hakonwarcraft
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.

A Battle of Eternity

By Hakonwarcraft

Map Info:
The Idea for making this map is because I want to improve my way to develope map's. As I do rilly like Achenvale tileset.

[​IMG]

Mines 13 at total.
Main mines= 4. Amount of gold is 15000
Expansion mines= 4. Amount of gold is 30000
Mercenary camps= 3
Shipyards= 6 (Just if you want to know, you can only buy sailing ships not war ship's)

Some stuff about the map

The map's size is 192 X 192
The map is buildt up with raising the sea floor, so I have been trying to decorating the best so I hope you would like it (I am talking about the tileset).
Total units= 170
What has the map to offer?
My map can offer mercenary camp and shipyard's

(I don't know rilly but tell me if the goblin observatory is usefull so I will update it)

[​IMG]

Update:

Changed amount of gold mines and creeps.

Landshape- I have expanded the islands size.

Blizzcliffs- I have put more blizzcliffs around the map, so I could have more destructibles to put in the map.

New Units:

Sentry
It is a original unit of the night elf models in the WE but I have put on an ability called Elunes Guardian. As I have added icon for archer and sentry.

Elunes guardian
This ability allows the Sentry to protect her life with mana. (Icon change needed)

Upgrades for the sentry:
its two upgrades.

Nature Forged Blades and Nature plating.

Nature forged blades will add 1 damage each upgrade to the unit.

Nature Plating add 2 protection.

Credits to:

For Icons

-67chrome
-Volvox

For Models
-Tauer

Keywords:
Melee, 192 X 192, Achenvale, forest, shipyard,warcraft,nature,
Contents

A Battle of Eternity (Map)

Reviews
15:20, 19th Mar 2016 Ardenian: The idea is interesting, but the map's structure is messy and asymetrical. You might want to take a look on: How to create melee maps 02:12, 01st Apr 2016 Ardenian: Map has still severe problems with being...
  1. old

15:20, 19th Mar 2016
    Ardenian: The idea is interesting,
    but the map's structure is messy and asymetrical.
    You might want to take a look on: How to create melee maps

02:12, 01st Apr 2016
    Ardenian: Map has still severe problems with being balanced. You might want to take a look on http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/competitive-melee-map-252987/]
    and http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/how-create-melee-maps-187652/

18:45, 5th Apr 2016
    Ardenian:
    The map has still severe imbalances resulting from the terrain structure.
    Everything has to be symmetrical for each player.

I also highly recommend to addmore tile variation.
    Consider for example leaves under trees.

It is great to add new units and later the melee genre,
    but I recommend you to not only modify few units or races.

2. Symmetry is also required when talking about the access to neutral buildings and most likely for the isles, too.