• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minion Masters v0.16

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Bangkai999
In Minion Masters you work with 6 elements: Light, Darkness, Water, Fire, Nature and Earth. If you look at one of these elements and you look to its left, you will find what element it is weak against, if you look to its right, you will find what it is affective against.

Now, around the world of Minion Masters, you will find creatures, and they have an attack and defense according to these elements. You have a master which is a hero, and with this hero you can capture the creatures. You can only capture the creature if you are the same or higher level than the creature you are trying to capture. Once you have successfully captured the creature, you can train it to fight by your side. Each creature has its own unique abilities and you can match these creatures up to your liking to find the ultimate combination.

Within 15 minute intervals of time new creature will spawn in new locations across the map, which will obviously be stronger than the previous types of creatures.

Contact me on this email: [email protected]

Keywords:
minions, creatures, minion, defense
Contents

Minion Masters v0.16 (Map)

Reviews
20:53, 9th Aug 2009, by Rui(#11): The idea for this map was good and original, but not well applied. The kick that happens after a minute is dispensable. 2/5 (Lacking) and Rejected.

M

20:53, 9th Aug 2009, by Rui(#11):
The idea for this map was good and original, but not well applied. The kick that happens after a minute is dispensable. 2/5 (Lacking) and Rejected.

Level 4
I like the new map size and the fact that the high level creeps dont start right at the beginning but 10 minutes is rather a long time. I would make some level 3, some level 5 ect. creeps and then say after 2 minutes spawn the level 3 creeps, after to 5 minutes spawn the level 5 creeps and so on. Also, the learn tooltip (heading) for envenomed attack says "rifle overdrive" and the staff of teleportation costs a diferent amount from what the tooltip says (I think it is the staff at least, not sure).

Level 1
So,i played it,
first the Spawnig Units, I think trees are to spesific, make them more neutral like, Footman, well i think Treant belong to the element Natrure ;D

Were to heal with hero, I coudn't use Replish Life of the Moon Wells.

Items are nice. ;D

Well i look forward to new versions
:thumbs_up:

Level 12
My rating is a 3/5.
First of all - kick if you wont choose a hero in 1min? seriously thats just too harsh!
Secondly - Whats with the delay? I wasnt the only one experiencing it, in 3 different tries aswell!
Third: Explain the income, because when we played (me and 3 others [i dont reveal em, they should say their names theirself]) top left base had enormous income compared to the other one.
And last: Where were all the creeps durin the trample thingy? It said no new spawnings during it - but there were none of them at all! We didnt even get to kill them!

Level 5
My rating, 1/5, and I personally do not believe this map should be approved.
The hero selection kick is the culprit. We had to restart the game three times due to it. 45 seconds to check 13+ heros and determine which one fits your style the best? If it were up to me, your map would be rejected on that basis.

Also, like mare, I too experienced the delay. Your trample thing needs work, and you need to spend less quest space on where to find your latest version (since you refuse to put it here and require others to play hunt down your shitty site for it) and more time explaining such game concepts like the income. Most of your gameplay was explained in tips that wasn't reproduced elsewhere. It's not like you don't know how to use quests to put information, after all, your entire version history was there.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "Minion Masters" by -ICEMAN- (v0.16)

"Minion Masters" is a map where you fight with six different elements: Light, Darkness, Water, Fire, Nature, and Earth. Each of these elements are affective against the one to their right and weak against the previous. It reminds of "Spellcraft" in a way, but in "Minion Masters" you actually use these elements to damage your enemies instead of mixing ingredients to acquire spells.You begin by choosing a hero from three neutral buildings (ships). The first thing I came across, and found unnecessary and harsh, was that you have only a minute to choose a hero. If you don't do this within the time, you get KICKED. A nice way of ruining a game; I myself had to remake the game three times.Moving on. After you choose the hero, you pick one of the six elements. Each hero has this ability to capture a creep. Once you have cast the spell, the buff is applied and the creep needs to be killed. You can then train the creep at the Mercenary Camp located in your base.The game centers around this. Creep camps begin getting stronger after a while.
Commenting the actual gameplay, I can only say it is boring and overpowered. Gold isn't hard to get. You can pile up thousands in no time, while the strongest of the creeps costs little more than 100 gold.Because of this, researching upgrades is equally easy. I tech'ed my units up to 6/6, researched a few other upgrades, and still had over 6 gold when I finished my game. Needless is to say I could have wiped out anything I came across, but I didn't need to. The game had been equally easy for my ally. He had purchased all the ultimate recipes.
The idea is original, but I don't like to see it applied this way.My rating is 2/5 (Lacking). I vote for the map's [highlight]Rejection[/code]. The author is not even going to upload the most recent version here.I played this map with mare, Riptokus, and JackyBlacky.