• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(8) Troll Smash v3.21a

Banner_TrollSmash.jpg

Warcraft 3 Map By: eubz

Map Description

Story

Game Modes

Troll Smash

Troll Smash is a hero arena type of map for Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne. All you need to do is to defeat your enemies according to the game mode you have choosen.
During the invasion of the darklord in Lordaeron, many tolls died and still many were left homeless. These inhabitants fleed and looked for another place to live where they could do whatever they want. At last, they have found one. During their stay, they lived peacefully and sworn to defend the land for freedom. Things changed when gnolls came and destroy their homes. There were havocs and claims of any parcel of land, small or huge. Trolls became egocentric and would like to own every land they could see. Now, you, as a Forest Troll, should conquer the land and make it as your own. Defeat every trolls you see. Wipe them all out. There are few gnolls inhabiting the land, be watchful.

Game Mode

Kill All In this game mode, you are to select the number of deaths a hero will respawn. There are options that you can select, 1.) Deathmatch (no respawn), 2.) Five Deaths, 3.) 15 deaths, and 4.) 20 deaths. These means that if you select any of the choices you will only be revived according to it if the maximum number of death is reached, you are eliminated from the game.

Deathmatch In this mode, you will be eliminated if the number of deaths is reached.

Kills Count In kill count mode, there is no elimination of heroes that is implemented. The chosen leader will select how many times a player will kill to win.

Map Heroes

Pictures

Map Credit List

Unexpected tab 4

Change Logs

downloads

Heroes

Hero Image

[c]

Hero Name

Hero Attributes

Hero Abilities

154ca07dcb2c1c8bdd84b8c35e421131_72259.jpg

Forest Troll

Agility 19
Intelligence 15
Strength 18
Hide Troll Stone Troll's Claws Inner Self

442df81aef0500fa3545d808cc2e8cc3_72262.jpg

Troll Trapper

Agility 13
Intelligence 17
Strength 22
Ensnare Bash Critical Strike Trap

b104ad9077a9983915fdf1a52665878d_72266.jpg

Troll Doctor

Agility 17
Intelligence 19
Strength 24
Blink Heal Life Drain Equality

5f28d2cbc3862712df63f5fef28363ba_72264.jpg

Venomous Wizard

Agility 11
Intelligence 25
Strength 15
Envenomed Weapons Curse of Venoms Acid Bomb Shadow Strike

09084fdfa8950c1652439333ef2d5c8f_72260.jpg

Ice Berserker

Agility 14
Intelligence 19
Strength 18
Blizzard Frost Armor Breath of Frost Frost Nova

f594f6023a2339b278519e7fb4d22971_72258.jpg

Beast Caller

Agility 23
Intelligence 15
Strength 18
Wild Hawks Beast's Anger Call Beast Roar of the Wild

42a970095aa7201972eb26181857c37b_72265.jpg

Troll Ranger

Agility 15
Intelligence 21
Strength 18
Multiple Arrows Flabbergast Searing Arrows Swift Strike

bccaa0bc26b571b96fca22b2d0d2f0ce_72261.jpg

Raider

Agility 18
Intelligence 15
Strength 21
Mana Burn Shield Thorns Aura Frenzy

49082223577c122a1c68622d202057af_72263.jpg

Wind Rider

Agility 18
Intelligence 20
Strength 17
Shackle Slow Incenerate Death Lightnings

43f0cf56f29deb43a0a89ba553bc31e5_72476.jpg

Troll Impaler

Agility 15
Intelligence 18
Strength 22
Meditation Impaling Strike Impale Berserk

screenshots

in-game

troll_smash%20image_01.jpg

troll_smash%20image_02.jpg

Terrain

WC3ScrnShot_TS.jpg

Credits

All credits go to the following persons:

Icons: Mr.Goblin, Lord_T, Uncle Fester, kola, fagge, PeeKay, Iconpack downloaded from [url]http://www.wc3sear.ch/[/url]

Models: -Grendel, Lord_T, Sellenisko, Uncle Fester

SDRyoko for the following triggers I used in this map: 1. Revive creeps, 2. Revive heores(From version 1.00-version1.12a. In the newest versions I used my own triggers to revive fallen heroes(versions2)), 3. Multiboard

Thanks also to the comments by the hiveworkshop users and mods.

Game Commands

B. Commands
The game has only two type-able commands: 1. “-players”, if you want to know how many players are in the game; 2. “-ping”, to where your enemies are.
v1.00 - 1.01 - first release

v1.02 many has changed:
1. created many hero changes and added more heroes
2. Adds game modes
3. More updates...

version 2.00 Change logs
There is a lot of changes in this version:
1. Lower the number of players to 8 because of an issue that wasn't resolved in the last versions.
2. Terrain has been enhanced adding more doodads, raising and lowering terrains, etc.
3. Adds more data in the multiboard including the status of the player whether his hero is dead/reviving, playing, or eliminated.
You can see more changes in the multiboard if you play the map.
4. You can now buy back your hero in the guardian stone.
5. The guardian stone is where you can go if you're at the critical stage, you are safe there. It heals mana and life.
6. Respawning time has been changed to 5*Level of the dying hero.
7. Trigger for reviving a hero has also been changed to make everything go smooth.
8. The three merchants in the center of the map is now unguarded.
9. More neutral hostile units are added.
10. Now using a custom loading screen and map preview, thanks to Blizzard Entertainment for the images I used.
11. See more changes in the next versions. I am planning to add more items and heroes to choose from.

Change log to version 2.10
1. Customized terrains and fog effects.
2. Edits heroes move speed. Sets Base Speed Movement to 320 and Attack cooldown to 1.30
3. Did some minor tweaks.

Change log to version 2.11
Adds streak counts

Change log to version 2.11a
1. edits a little on terrain
2. delete the sound sets of merchants.
3. more updates soon.

Change log to version 2.20
1. new hero has been added.
2. a lot more changes on terrain.
3. New items.
4. more updates soon.

version 2.30a Change logs
1. Adds sounds

version 2.31 Change logs
1. Added a new hero
2. Added a new item

version 2.32 Change logs
1. See in-game for change logs.

version 3.00 Change logs
1. Put all heroes into a troll hut.

Keywords:
troll, war, cool, enemy, eubz
Contents

(8) Troll Smash v3.21a (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet09:31, 6th July 2013 Map Approved Troll Smash (Version 2.20) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D RateScorePercentLetter...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet09:31, 6th July 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Troll Smash (Version 2.20)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The Game play is now smoother and more over well executed now, I like the idea of game modes and such it keeps the replay value on time when players are in need."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain has improved as well, it now looks more greener and troll inhabitant-looking landscape now."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Much of the game has improved, but somehow I would be best if the stone guardian has similar range of 500 since some of the positioned stone guardian has an advantage with the creep camps and incoming players, but still approved with new rating now."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
11/1587%B

Level 29
Nice map 5/5

extrange you didnt review it my friend, i will steal you the first chance

An honor to review one of your maps eubz
my review

good things
-quest explaning the game, 3 diferent modes
-imported material, and well selected
- very interesting heroes, and skills, you want to play it more than once

things i question
1-sharp terrain, and the enviroment can be better.
2-i dont see 12 players playing this very confortable, PVE cant be done confortable and PVP is unavoidable at the very begining.
3-a market for 12 players, i dont think nobody will have time to think, what item will choose.
4-if you want to kill, kill kill without think, is okay, but is like there is a gameplay missing and can be expanded
5- for the hero arenas i played, it was nice to start in a satuary zone to read the skills and have time to buy objets, stuff before go battle
6- talking about skills, i said this like 10 times, i dont like to choose the hero if i cant read the stats and skills before choosing. Here this happens and i will never like ( thats why the tavern system is the best in my opinion)

so for an hero arena, i wont give a 5/5.....

3/5 , i quit one point for terrain and one point for dont be able to read descriptions of heroes before choose , fair enough.... also voting for approval
edit: i low points in things you can fix, the other stuff i will pass it, so im kind :)

see my screens
Screeshots Generator By Vengeancekael
Screenshots
[tr]
inb.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
u4i.png
0rqx.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
A hero arena, seems pretty nice. I agree with abgm too, the starting locations are too near. And might I question why the forest trolls turn into big abominations made of rock? And it's pretty entertaining. But after awhile, it can become boring. It's a nice little map put into pieces. And, here's my review. 3/5 for you, jolly wulf!

abgm said:
3/5 , i quit one point for terrain and one point for dont be able to read descriptions of heroes before choose , fair enough.... also voting for approval

abgm said:
i dont like to choose the hero if i cant read the stats and skills before choosing. Here this happens and i will never like
1. Thanks, I agree on the terrain but that's a minor thing.
2. You can see some description by clicking the circle of power where a hero is standing. (Have you read the text before you play?).

abgm said:
if you want to kill, kill kill without think, is okay, but is like there is a gameplay missing and can be expanded
The gameplay is actually to kill, kill, kill. The players are those who can expand the gameplay. If you try to avoid the fight, that is not the main objective this game has.

abgm said:
for the hero arenas i played, it was nice to start in a satuary zone to read the skills and have time to buy objets, stuff before go battle
In every starting points there are resurrection stone where you can buy preliminary items. Strong items can be found at the center to make the game different from other hero arena maps. Also, this can make any player difficult to win. Not good for those who do not know tactics.

abgm said:
-i dont see 12 players playing this very confortable, PVE cant be done confortable and PVP is unavoidable at the very begining.
Awzomewulfzz said:
the starting locations are too near
This is the main objective of the game. For those who only wants to avoid, the weak, and those who do not know tactics in a small map for 12 players means defeat.

Thanks for the review.

Level 30
You asked me to review your map so here it is. The thngs I can say now is that this game is just awesome. Looks much much better than the WiP I tested in your thread:

(12) Troll Smash v1.02
[+] Good Points:
-Good Warcraft-ish terrain feeling, terrain is not flat, tile mixing is fine, is not empty also and filled some areas carefully. But to suggest, dont use Blizzard Cliffs but try learning doing cliffs through Raised Ground and Plateaud ones too. I dont have any grudge into Blizzard Cliffs but I think Raised Ground is much more creative and unique way.
-Lots of heroes to choose from, serving their purpose very well, have some mixes of custom and Warcraft skills. Hero is simple but great to use. I miss this kind of maps.
-Items and Item Recipes are really useful in battle but I think some points are quite too imbalance such as splash damage of Searing Blade is too strong, 100%. Also lifesteal for that Axe is so strong, it add me up 100% of my attack into lifesteal.

[-] Bad Points:
-Creeps are quite easy to play with along, I suggest each time intervals, spawn greater creeps so creeps in the game will not become too repetitve and always level 1 creeps.
-Heroes when reaching Level 5 doesnt gain EXP or XP from creeps but only from heroes.

[] Suggestions:
-No terrain is perfect so this map is always open for terrain improvements but Im not saying its bad.
-You should balance some items such as their lifesteal, splash damages and more...
-Make creeps interesting to play along, Try not making them repetitive
-Fix the thing with the hero not gaining any EXP from creeps upon reaching Level 5. I suggest go to Game Constants and Creep Camp Table I think thats the name and delete the numbers and change it with a single number 100.
Overall, game with a very good terrain, lots of heroes with custom and warcraft skills and they serve their battle role properly, lots of items to choose from and really becomes useful in battle. Overall, rated 4/5 and +4 REP.

Level 29
Post directed to eubz

better late than never

i want you to tell, im really sorry for my review, i didnt like how i did it, i feel it was negative, not very constructive in many parts and also i mistake in the heroes description
also i regret the rate i did, i never rate fearing mistake and here i made a mistake.

so i beg you to pardon me

also the map is really nice, very fresh idea, really good work and not say this before was a crime as a review-man

Level 15
My review

This is a great map, has a lot of fun. I like the idea a lot.

Terrain

It is nice, good enough for this map, but a bit sharp, and more doodads, plants, etc are required to make it better.

Heroes

Their models are nice, and fits them perfectly. The spells are also balanced, but i suggest you to import some icons for the custom spells. They will looks better like that.
And they stop receiving EXP after level 5 when they kill creeps. So i think you should fix this in the gameplay constants.

Gameplay

Overall it is good and okay, but i would like to point out some things.

Some creep camps are a bit weak after a while, when the respawn, and the hero is at a higher level. I suggest to fix the respawn, i mean that the creeps are changed to a more powerful one when they respawn.
So it would be balanced: stronger heroes, stronger creeps.

Other things are wel-done, including the hero selection area, and the items. I think the item recipies are cool idea.

Conclusion

I think it is a perfect map, just do the things i have suggested, and it will be even more funny.
I rate it 5/5 + rep

Level 30
Troll Smash v2.20 (Re-Review)

Introduction

I see you've done lots of updates an yes I have played ths once again and I must say I have find some new problems which I didnt found at previous ones and also noticeable but I avoided to suggest.

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain is really good. It is not flat and well done with the tile mixing. Its simple yet beautiful!
  • Lots of items to bought but I wish you should add more and balance them up for they are completely imba.
  • I love the new heroes. I think there are 1-2 of them.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]
  • Imbalance items. Some gives far too bonus such as that Axe item that gives too much lifesteal and Heart of Aszune that gives far too stats and Agility even it does require easy to buy items.
  • I must say this but I have come to tried more heroes and I must say some are quite imba mostly the Forest Troll and some are quite weak and easy to kill. Mostly you should fix the Forest Troll's skills. It has quite a bonus damage skill that gives far too damage even in Level 1 and also its stun of the 2nd skill is too long. I can even do kill may heroes at once.
  • Because of imbalance heroes and items, the game is quite easy to beat so if you dont plan on fixing thr imblanceness, at lest add more option for greater Kills at the start of game to prolong gameplay.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]
  • Fix the issues about imbalance items.
  • Fix the issues about imbalance heroes.
[/tab]

Comment

Overall, the game has an attractive terrain though imbalance-ness in the game is completely noticeable. I will not change the rating but do please fix the pointed things. Thanks!

Ratings: Same
Reward: +4 REP

Level 30
Seen the new version and Im so impress. I love the new additions such as new shops and new items. The game has now a perfect mix and balanced items. There is already a starting item present such as the Jade Ring wwhich makes the starting process of the game more fun.

Still same ratings because I do have a strong feeling that this game can be much much better to be worthy of a 5/5. Good luck with this bro!

Level 30
Been waiting for a new hero so good luck with it. I wish it will be somehow more uniue compare to others.

What do I mean by unique? Its spells are customized and is not fully base in wc3 but triggered.

And to suggest another thing, I do think its time to change all of the heroes' spells and make them somehow more unique and not being dependent to wc3 skills all the time or simply edited from the original spell but what I mean is purely triggered.

Level 30
Troll Smash v2.31 (Re-review)

Introduction

Once again, nice new updates and I have see you've focused much now on balancing. And yes, game got quite balance though still some imbalance-ness is left.

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain is as I have said, great. The terrain is not flat and also it is filled with proper decors that makes it lively.
  • I can see you've added items and they are quite useful. Mostly what I love are the new recipes you've added though I do think it could use some more items that is like complex to build.
  • The new heroes are quite good though their skills are quite simple and all wc3 spell based. You could do something about it by triggering some parts in the spell and adding some additions into it.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]
  • The gold gain from killing heroes are quite imbalance and has high values such as I've killed an Computer Insane hero that is level 12 and I got 2.5k gold. Its either you lower the gold gained or higher the item cost because it also affects gameplay thus making it imbalance.
  • Some ultimate skills of heroes are quite not useful and some quite imba. Such as the Troll Archer's ulti might be only a AS Boost but it does lot of effect when in late game. Imagine a +200 damage with additional 200% AS. That will be quie undefeatable if you still have lifesteal. I suggest lower up the amount of the AS Boost or lower down the duration of it. 15 secs is too long.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]
  • Could use some balancing in gold gain through hero kills
  • Could also use balances in ultimate skills.
[/tab]

Comment

Overall, it is quite improved and much balance but its really hard to get a perfect rating so rating still remains.

Rating: Same
Reward: +4 REP

Level 5
This map is really cool but there are some problems here Hero selecting:The tavern is hard to select and you have to click muplite times so you can select. Kill All Mode:When i was playing this with my freinds on this mode some one died and he was out of the game and the death points where 20 i dont know if it was our fualt in mode selecting but you should fix this AI playing: The AI Players are too weak they die so fast they get some weak items can you improve them? i will be glad if you do that. Creeps:The creeps are too weak you should put some stronger ones can you put a boss with revive? Final Rating: 4/5 this map is great i know you can do better :)

Kill All Mode:When i was playing this with my freinds on this mode some one died and he was out of the game and the death points where 20 i dont know if it was our fualt in mode selecting
Kill All mode means elimination mode. If you reach the number of death you will be out from the game. Note that the multiboard says ELIMINATED.

The tavern is hard to select and you have to click muplite times so you can select.
Tavern isn't hard to select in my PC.

put some stronger ones can you put a boss with revive?
This will be implemented on the next version.
Thanks for the rating.

Level 6
Have save/load? - joking!
maybe archer wars style ranking,..

6/5 no complains !

Edit2: add more items and recipes!

Edit3: Am on phone, have problems rating the map! below thumbs up icons, as a result i get negative rating of -6/5!! Sry?

Last edited:
Level 6
eubz what a fun map!"! here 5/5 and Rep
I really like the way you make your description and the way you triggered your map

Good Job !:thumbs_up: