• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

8 Heroes v5.20

237148-albums7449-picture105663.png

Created by Avatars Lord

Map Info

The last Base of the Kingdom is being attacked by their own allies. Someone is controlling them and you must find out who.
The Kingdom counts on the 8 heroes, don't fail!

Features

• 30 Heroes!
  • Hard Waves!
  • Arena:FFA Game
  • Arena:Team Game
  • Custom Spells!
  • Annoying Unit Levels!

full

237148-albums7449-picture86226.jpg

237148-albums7449-picture86225.jpg

237148-albums7449-picture86224.jpg

237148-albums7449-picture86223.jpg

237148-albums7449-picture86222.jpg

237148-albums7449-picture86221.jpg

237148-albums7449-picture86933.jpg

237148-albums7449-picture86934.jpg

237148-albums7449-picture86945.jpg

237148-albums7449-picture86946.jpg

full

Change Log:

• Changed Terrain(Hope That You Meant This)
  • "Polymorph" Ability Duration Decreased
  • "Aerial Shackles" Ability Duration Decreased
  • Decreased Area Damage of "Throw!" Ability
  • Dryad and Satyr Has No More Spell Immunity
  • Satyr Has Spell Reduction and More Hp
  • Added Militia At First For Tank
  • Mask of Death Costs Less
  • Some Unit Train Costs Less
  • New Items
  • New Command: -SMS

• Brilliance Aura Nerfed
  • Dark Ranger's Range and Missile Speed Increased
  • Buffed Greater Dark Minion
  • Edited "Soul Run" Ability
  • Black Arrow's Cost Mana Decreased
  • Increased Mana of Moon Well
  • Crypt Lord, Wagon, and Raider Gives More Money
  • Increased "Life Steal of Darkness"s Life Steal Amount
  • Now Left Players Unit Is Being Removed

• "Calling Death" Ability Now Is Targeted For Heroes Too!
  • Lich King's "Frost Nova" Ability Nerfed
  • Putted Soundtracks
  • Edited "Soul Run" Ability
  • Edited Some Items Names, Tooltips.
  • Flying Sheep, Horse, and Dire Wolf Costs Less
  • Increased Zerglings Attack Damage

• Decreased Juggernauts Armor To 0 From 100
  • Buffed "Defend" Ability
  • Buffed "Water of Deeps" Ability
  • Buffed "Rain of The Deep Sea" Ability
  • Decreased Cooldown of "Stampede" Ability.
  • Edited Taverns
  • Fixed Timer Bug
  • New Command!

• Edited The Army
  • "Lightning Strike" Ability's Area Decreased
  • Arena Timers Bug Has Been Fixed
  • Decreased "Kel'Thuzad"s Priority
  • Murlocs Gives More Gold
  • Edited Scout Tower
  • Now Unit Costs Less
  • Changed The Respawn Place
  • Decreased Juggernauts Attack Damage
  • Decreased Cooldown of "Heal" and "Healing Wave" ability
  • Edited Spirit Tower
  • Now Castles Can Summon Light Pack Horse
  • Now "LeftPlayer" Command Gives Gold To Players
  • Left Players Dead Heroes Is Being Removed Too
  • Changed "Cluster Glaive" Abilities Icon

• Edited The Army
  • Fixed Icons
  • Edited Terrain
  • Now If You Repick Your New Hero Will Have Half Level of Old Hero.

• Banshee Casts Her Spell Faster
  • Some Mercenaries Are Cheaper
  • Fixed Some Bugs.

• Decreased Some Items and Some Units Cost
  • Buffed All Spells
  • Added New Unit "Goblin Zeppelin"
  • Fixed Keys Bugs
  • Changed All Spells Hotkeys to "Q'W'E'R"
  • Fixed Team Game Bug
  • Buffed Summons
  • Decreased The Cost For Summons Upgrade
  • Edited Some Tooltips
  • Fixed Bugs.

• Replaced old repick system with brand new one.
  • Buffed some spells.
  • Improved some heroes' abilities
  • Reworked Engineer,Ninja,Blood Knight, Tank, Ice Overlord, Tauren Chieftain,Blademaster.
  • Added new mercenary unit "Master Archer".
  • Nerfed Maghteridon's abilities.
  • Made tomes more expensive.
  • Increased The Cost For Summons Upgrade but decreased research level to 15.
  • Buffed Banshee The Controller.
  • A new shop with new items.
  • 3 new recipes.
  • Added "Peon Wave".
  • Waves come faster.
  • Made the game harder.
  • Removed "Blood Key" and "Ghost Key"
  • Made life regeneration items cheaper.
  • Some few adjustments.
  • Bugs are fixed.

• Fixed "Power of Blood","Twilight" spell's bugs.
  • Nerfed Spirit Arrow,Builder.
  • Limited Ultimate Emissary to 1 per player.
  • Now items with recipes will be given instant to reciper.
  • Few adjustments.

• Made the game run smoother.
  • Fixed item disappearing.
  • Removed Random command.
  • Added "Spirit Wave".
  • Made the enemy base before reaching the final boss.
  • Added new recipe "Death Knight Suit".
  • Reduced the cost of Mask of Deaths, Death Claw and Wing of Dreadlord.

• Buffed some Hp and Armor items.
  • Added "Searing Axe" and "Searing Spear" items.
  • Added "Water Spirit" and "Mountain Skin" recipes.
  • Reduced gained experience.
  • Increased gold for killing bosses.
  • Increased global earned gold.
  • Organized Items.

• Now there is no second FFA Game.
  • Nerfed Blood Elf Lieutenant.
  • Now there is a background music.
  • Decreased Sludge Monstrosity's armor to 0 but now it takes 1000% more damage from spells.
  • Final Emisssary's mana regeneration has been decreased to 10.00.
  • Now Grow ability spawns fewer trees.
  • Slight Terrain Improvements.
  • Minor Changes.

Credits:

Weep,Sin'dorei300,Dan van Ohllus,NFWar,-Grendel
Frankster,epsilon,republicola,Sopho,b17rider,HappyTauren
JesusHipster,Marcos DAB,UgoUgo,Mr.Goblin,Suselishe
chilla_killa,Stanley,JollyD,Blizzard Entertainment,Carrington2k
AndrewOverload519,zadelim,donut3.5,Elenai,JetFangInferno
Deolrin,Dristitia,Freddyk,Ampharos_222,s4nji,RetroSexual
Misha,Tenebis,Champara Bros,GF_Bigger,WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Daelin,ratamahatta,dhguardianes,Tarrasque,Tranquil,Kuegukecku
Callahan,zeshuri,pWn3d,wingednosering,Thrikodius,WhiteDeath

Author's notes:

This map made so much improvement so far.
Thank You Killera.

The Map is Protected

[box]
The sequel of 8 Heroes is out! Be sure to check it out --> Heroes: War for Domination
[/box]

Keywords:
Hero Defense,Custom spells,Kingdom,unit,controll,banshee
Contents

8 Heroes v5.20 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b 8 Heroes by Tayibb / Avatars Lord RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 20/30 Terrain & Scenery: 8/20 Total Score: 28/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 94%+ (47+/50) 4 Stars: 70% - 93.99% (35-47/50) 3 Stars: 45%...

M

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

8 Heroes
by Tayibb / Avatars Lord
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 20/30
Terrain & Scenery: 8/20
Total Score: 28/50

Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 94%+ (47+/50)
4 Stars: 70% - 93.99% (35-47/50)
3 Stars: 45% - 69.99% (20-34/50)
2 Stars: 20 - 44.99% (10-19/50
1 Stars: 0 - 19.99% (1-9/50)

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
First of all, the map is quite easy to get into. Quests are available and the premise is simple, it's a hero defense map, but you can push forward to the end of the game. The way the map plays out is very similar to 10 Hero Siege, it's also medium-fast paced.

The gameplay is pretty standardized, there is no unique feature separating this from other team arena maps. Though, it does add the recommended and popular features such as recipes, different hero roles, having an animal buy items for you while your fighting, upgradable summoned units, and special rounds like PVP and unique creep waves. Yes, some waves will annoyingly catch people off-guard if they aren't careful, but it isn't a bad thing since you acknowledged it in your description.

And the heroes of the map, I tested a fourth of them! I do like how many of them are customized (though with some really peculiar spells), but some are more than others. Revenant and the elven ranger has extremely boring default spells, naga dude and centaur get's overloading splash damage with too much effects. Try to balance the heroes out more, not by raising HP and DMG but balancing the spells! It would also very helpful if you had descriptions to say what intelligence heroes heal; some ability names look like healing spells but they really aren't.

For two players, I got finished with 1:10 game time, passing the dire wolf round. We could have gone longer but I repicked and I did not know you restart your levels. It would be a very convenient feature if you kept your EXP when transferring heroes.

20/30
Terrain & Scenery:
The terrain is mostly disappointing. Terrain tiles looked below averageand only matched at the spawn areas. I don't have a problem with the outland tiled road, but around it it's very dull. It's flat where ugly dirt cliffs aren't present. Shores look extremely unnatural except in parts where shallow water is.

Doodad placement is lacking quality, there simply isn't enough of it. When there are enough doodads in an area, it's spammed; like where there is an excessive amount of graves used as a wall.

To summarize, the terrain clearly isn't unacceptable but it is lacking.

8/20
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type. Well, all but one minor rule isn't being fulfilled, but due to how many maps are in the pending section I choose for this map to be APPROVED!
- Though it doesn't affect the maps quality, it is recommended you have DISBTNs when downloading icons. It's the reason why blackened versions of your icons are green. i'm aware you cannot due a quick fix due to how many custom icons you have.
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall it's a fun hero defense, but the heroes clearly do not have the same caliber of creativity. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 6
Well played your map and it needs a lot more work.
But firstly, your map description is nice, you have put some gameplay screenshots and properly done credits, so kudos to that.
Now to the gameplay: Your do have a lot of Heroes to choose and a lot of imported material so that's good. However your tooltips are blank and don't tell much and most of your spells are simple edits, it would be nice to add some additional effects. For instance, I played Plate Revenant, Lightning Bolt could also deal damage to nearby enemy units (of course this means using triggers, so some tutorials would help you at that). Bottomline, Heroes need more work spell-wise and tooltips need to be completely reworked.
The terrain... is kinda bad. Really bad. The outland (dirt I think?) clashes with the grass and it looks horrible. Definitely check some terraining tutorials to improve it.
The defense does most work for you in the first waves, so you can just Hold Position while your computer allies do all the work. I suggest put more "lines" of resistance. Weak to powerful defense would be much more entertaining, since you Hero would actually do some damage.
I didn't focus much on Items, but from what I saw your icons don't really match the name. Balnazzar's Suit has a dreadlord icon which makes no sense. Use different icons or download some from the Icon section.
The map definitely has some potential for being approvable and of course entertaining. It isn't all bad, but needs more work. I suggest to take a look at some tutorials for GUI spells or even download some to make it more entertaining.
Hope this helps and good luck on your future map-making! +rep

Level 6
Hello Tayyib,

First of all, I want to say, this map, even with its faults, was relatively fun to play. That being said, however, it could be a LOT more fun if you fixed a few things.

1) The terrain, specifically around the base region, was awful. It needs a LOT of work to look and feel like a real base. Additionally, it's very cramped, with units and buildings just sort of haphazardly thrown throughout. This is what I would focus the majority of your attention on.

2) Some of the heroes do not feel very original. Not everything has to be custom, but it would be nice to see some abilities that are more than just visual mods of default wc3 stuff.

3) Default enemies spawn too quickly, with no gaps for players to look around/shop/etc. They also have VERY VERY annoying abilities, such as Polymorph and Shackles. This is generally bad, you should only have rare units/enemy heroes with active disables. It was very frustrating trying to play the game with a hero who was Polymorphed for 15+ seconds at a time.

4) The item system could use a little work, with more late-game items, and more variety. Perhaps add items with active castable abilities that do unique things, or useful passives that are not done often?

Overall, fun map, hindered by a few key points. If you keep working on it, I believe this map can be very good. The main thing to fix is the terrain.

-Mech

Level 2
Are you kidding me?

'The last Base of the Kingdom is being attacked by their own allies. Someone is controlling them and you must find out who.
The Kingdom counts on the 8 heroes, don't fail!'?

I wrote this sentence for your map, your map descriptions and your quests aswell! I forced you to remove anything I made because of your "nightmare", you removed my kingdom base, my heroes and my units but you didn't remove my descriptions/text! What is this?
And everybody thinks you wrote this text, but you didn't. And without me your map wouldn't be, what it is today.
Remember the 3.10? That was the time when I completely changed your map, and after you made the 3.15 you followed my idea (except the arenas).

And you don't even tell the others here that the last piece of my work (the descriptions of your map, loading screen etc.) was originally made by me.
I feel like you only used me because I can write better descriptions. You even asked me how you could write some descriptions. If you use my descriptions, fine, but here in this website as description for your map when everybody sees it and thinks you wrote it when it was originally from me? I hope you have a good answer why you use my loading screen text for your general map description without telling them it was from me.

I just noticed I'm not even in the credits, while I'm in the ingame credits, wtf?

Level 3
Good map i enjoyed playing it but there few things you should work right away

1- with so many spell efecs maps lags a lot for everyone (its not hardware problem got i7 gtx765) and it delays for few secs at time and we die

2- make a new base in the middle of the shop area and the current base it so annoyin to have to run all the time especialy when are trying to defend the base (or wait for bag to come with items)

3- make shared gold system and reduce the bouty

4-heroes need balancing make spells bassed on attributes and add higher lvl spell like at lvl 50 amd 150

5- make difficulties cuz not always there are 4-5 ppl to play the map and solo is prety hard

6- make more items with some crit life steal or spalsh combo or aoe spells

7- a few more sutom events or portal with few bosses for rare recipe

Level 2
Might have been a one-off issue but when we were finished fighting in the 2nd FFA Event everyone's hero was disabled and could not do anything.

The 'Hell' command didn't resolve it either.

Level 1
well there was a warewolf bug that I haven't see u fix yet it about whole warewolf's skill if u are using a skill and then when it about to cast you press S and ........ see it for yourself

Level 2
most of the spells are useless very soon... there is no balanace. much heroes have spells like "manaburn" WTF?...... WHY? to burn mana from one of 100000 CREEPS?
The Mages are useless in all stages of games. spells that do only 1000 damage on 10 skill level... its very impossible to beat one monster with that. monsters have over 10000 live...
no vampiric aura makes it impossible to beat monsters without dying in lategame.

Level 2
Decreased The Cost For Summons Upgrade

how does it work? i have upgradet the units and bought then in the unit shop, but the stats were the same.

where to get this item? emissary

Decreased The Cost For Summons Upgrade

how does it work? i have upgradet the units and bought then in the unit shop, but the stats were the same.

where to get this item? emissary

Summons are the units that comes from Heroes's Abilities, The Upgrade won't upgrade Mercenaries

You can find him in Mercenary Camp at Kingdom's Base.

Level 2
ok map challnaged now.... you should better write down in the description that it is possible to upgrade some units...

Well, I haven't had the chance to find the Staff of Troll. Items are weird combinations of other items. Other than that, it's definitely not for two players.

It is in the shop middle of the map, bottom right of the Skeleton Archer Tower.If you couldn't see it, you could have typed: -sms to find it.
Two players? Well you can't save a whole kingdom with just 2 guys, dude ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It is in the shop middle of the map, bottom right of the Skeleton Archer Tower.If you couldn't see it, you could have typed: -sms to find it.
Two players? Well you can't save a whole kingdom with just 2 guys, dude ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Yeah, thought the item might be somewhere out of the base.
As for players, it would be a great addition to have this map with suggested players: 1-8 instead of a full house.:wink:

Yeah, thought the item might be somewhere out of the base.
As for players, it would be a great addition to have this map with suggested players: 1-8 instead of a full house.:wink:

I made the xp system equal no matter the player number ^^. I could remove it in order to have less players gain more xp if you really think that, that this new feature will be better than the xp equal system :grin:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I made the xp system equal no matter the player number ^^. I could remove it in order to have less players gain more xp if you really think that, that this new feature will be better than the xp equal system :grin:
It's not about the experience, it's about the strength. 8 heroes are far stronger than two heroes compared to the same number of enemy units coming.

Level 6
Beat this map, it was pretty fun. We played your death forest map and beat it too. Honestly for the production value of the map its quite enjoyable.

Attachments

• Banshee controller.w3g
    483 KB · Views: 55
Level 13
Difficulty could be increased based on player numbers with the "handicap" values alone.

For example, you could count the number of players at the start, and assign it to an integer variable.
When a player, leaves, reduce this integer value.
Set a handicap for the number of players. For example:
1 player: 75% handicap
2 players: 100% handicap (unchanged)
3 players: 125%
8 players: 250%

It may take some math and trial with error, but it's a good practice to do something like this for replay value.
You could even make a map-wide dummy unit with auras to increase damage.
(Command Aura + Devotion Aura with 99999 range, increase/decrease levels based on player count)

Level 12
Not sure you are still working on this map, but i just gave it a try to see if i can solo it since i remember playing this map a long time ago and never managed to finish it in multiplayer, i only needed a few tries to be able to test some heroes and to my surprise i managed to do it! It wasn't that hard since i already had some experience with the map, the key is to get as many kills as possible at the beginning of the game.

This map was always one of my favorite maps, i liked how challenging it was and the weird and interesting combination of allied and enemy units from the waves, the heroes are pretty nice as well, even tho not all of them are balanced and some spells are pretty weird or are just a bit bugged.

Anyway here is a pic of my game WC3ScrnShot_111019_153604_01.png

Oh almost forgot, i only won because i had so many of those death revenants , they are really op, 5 of the almost soloed the final boss even without my hero! :xxd: