• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(8)Arachnida Rivulet v1.2

Reactions: deepstrasz
(8)Arachnida Rivulet
Player Suggest: 4v4
Idea: Spider Falls rework...
Map Creator: Zucth

Map Description:
An old giant spider dry up leave the middle as land. Bridges got expand into a larger one connecting with their allied. The open space after dry up make the place more suitable for a large fight.

Neutral Building:
16 Expansion Goldmines (All-14500)
4 Tavern
8 Goblin Lab
4 Goblin Merchant

Creep Camp:
8 Green
20 Orange
0 Red (+8 base)

Information:
-this is a spiderfalls map remade by using falaras idea of expo position, but keep mainbase goes round the circle
-what have I change and improve from original one? Remove cliff, more space to fight, took the bridge out, less problematic creep ability, adding middle more stuff to contest between player, safer behind the base but less safe in term of route and higher creep overall level.
-this map idea was 1v1+1v1+2v2 or 2v2+2v2 or 4v4 fight.

v1.1
-make change to all the aggro that Mafe has mentions by adding trees and re-some of its position
-fixed the forgotten lab itemdrop
-make change to some of the tile area round the middle.
v1.2
-rebalance 6-1-1-2-2 lv6 broodmother -> lv 6 troll
-replace inner ring shop bear camp -> broodmother

Creator Note:
-try to reuse an old map layout idea that didn't work before...
Previews
Contents

(8)Arachnida Rivulet v1.1 (Map)

(8)Arachnida Rivulet v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Definitely looks like an improved version of Spider Falls. It looks like a map that could be fun to play, with no over-the-top new features. The central fountain is similar to Cherryville, but probably a little more game-defining. From the layout I...
mafe
Looking only at the issues from my previous review/the changes according to the changelog: 1. is fixed. 2. is also fixed. The minor tile changes are also good, as far as I noticed them. Map approved.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Definitely looks like an improved version of Spider Falls. It looks like a map that could be fun to play, with no over-the-top new features. The central fountain is similar to Cherryville, but probably a little more game-defining. From the layout I expected that two players from each team always spawn in one "quadrant" of the map, but seems not to be the case. I like that, but not 100% convinced everyone else does too. Creeps and items look mostly alright, except for:
1. The itemdrops at the corner Goblin Labs appear to be forgotten.
2. A few creep have aggro issues: The Fel Hunter camp north of the fountain, the furbolg camp east of the eastern shop and the spider camp in front of the blue spawn. Possibly others too, I didnt check every single one.

Visually, the map is rather basic, for my taste there could be many more shrubs, flower etc. But it's a matter of personal taste. Also, the playing area reaches the edges of the map in some places which is unecessary.
Not much else to say. Since the two aforementioned bugs should be easy to fix: Map set to Awaiting update.