• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

5/5 Description template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Template for desc for what?

I spend a lot time making/designing spells and I pref to have the descriptions like this:

[A] - My Spell - [Level 1]
Cost: 100 Mana, 100 Health
Range: 500
Cooldown: 4.5s

Passive:
<to-do>

Active:
<to-do>

The cost, range, cooldown, AoE, etc should be outlined to the biggest one (I always outline it to "cooldown" even when there is none.)

For hero description... DO NOT PUT THE FCKING WHOLE LORE INSIDE IT!!!
I mean, I don't care where he comes from. I need a hero that can do some stuff and the lore doesn't tell me that nor any other functional information.
Just put in it what kind of hero it is, what role it has, the names of his abilities (optional), maybe some specific stuff like Movement Speed, Attack Range, etc.

If you wan't to put the lore and stuff somewhere. Please make something else where you put it.

Level 17
Template for desc for what?

I spend a lot time making/designing spells and I pref to have the descriptions like this:

[A] - My Spell - [Level 1]
Cost: 100 Mana, 100 Health
Range: 500
Cooldown: 4.5s

Passive:
<to-do>

Active:
<to-do>

The cost, range, cooldown, AoE, etc should be outlined to the biggest one (I always outline it to "cooldown" even when there is none.)

For hero description... DO NOT PUT THE FCKING WHOLE LORE INSIDE IT!!!
I mean, I don't care where he comes from. I need a hero that can do some stuff and the lore doesn't tell me that nor any other functional information.
Just put in it what kind of hero it is, what role it has, the names of his abilities (optional), maybe some specific stuff like Movement Speed, Attack Range, etc.

If you wan't to put the lore and stuff somewhere. Please make something else where you put it.

i think he meant a map description template on hive

Level 23
If you're talking about map templates you can steal the code by pressing quote.

Yea that also makes sense.

Something like this then.

I am aware of that, but that is not the issue.

The issue is not getting any old template, but a template that works to the ideals of the map section.
Iv'e noticed even if you have screenshots; some still ask "where are the screenshots?". So clearly, simply putting screenshots does not work.

Level 18
The format you used for most of your maps was most appealing. I have scanned through your work, and the only time people really picked at you for better description was when you posted Clutch Defender. So, why let a map description concern you now?

One more thing: I noticed that most of the screenshots you have taken lack a taste of action to compliment those beautiful settings. Terrain is pretty and all to look at, but it only go so far without a fair gameplay to back it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.