• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

4400 td

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Illidan and his demons were imprisoned by the Ancients 10000 years ago. He escaped now and wants to free the demons and have his revenge. The Ancients put you in charge of the defense to stop them. The world depends on you!!

This is my first map, so expect it to have some bugs. More waves, towers and other things will be added in the next version. Any ideas or help would be welcome!!

Special thanks to www.hiveworkshop.com! Also special thanks to following members of hiveworkshop for them tutorials: Double thanks to Ralle, thanks to Archian, Bob27,Ash, oz02, orcfan32, Orc_Tamer! Thanks to aq1111 for correcting the map description, my english isn't very good! Also thanks to "green TD" and "Azure TD"! In next map I will and more waves, more towers, I will fix bugs and I will change maybe the terrain to! This is my first real map and it have bugs! Just help me to improve it!!!!!!!!! Thanks for understanding!

New in this ver: + balanced untis, towers, gold given!
+ sound and music
+ new towers
+ add one bonus and one boss wave

Keywords:
td, 4400, map, test, night, elf, elfes, elves, human, humanity, Dr.Who, elfs, Illidan
Contents

4400 TD (Map)

Reviews
03:10, 3rd Feb 2009 Septimus: Due to the map protected and previous inspection, I would set this resources to rejected (till update) until the author send me an unprotected version for further inspection. permanent reject

M

03:10, 3rd Feb 2009
Septimus: Due to the map protected and previous inspection, I would set this resources to rejected (till update) until the author send me an unprotected version for further inspection.

permanent reject

Level 31
Ok, I going to write a full review about this map.

The map description overall need to be improve. Written a single sentence by saying it was your first map and have bug is simply unprofessional and would discourage user from download it.

Also, if your map contain bug which could possibly crash/fatal error the entire warcraft 3, cause a serious lag or game been halt at the mid of playing. It should have never been upload to map section as it was bugged and unacceptable.

The evil side team should be set with computer since it was unplayable.

Terrain was rather bland and boring, it look just like any other TD with horrible terrain. Try to jazz up the terrain such as Azure Tower Defense.

At quest log, I notice you wrote a special thank to those at hiveworkshop. But, you should have mention the name of the author of those model you use or else it was consider as rules violation.

Hotkey of tower wasn't set appropriate. It seems to be set at (Zj) instead of (Z).

It even contain typo error as well. It written Mext instead of Next as you could seen from the timer.

Anti-ground tower max upgrade was level 5 while anti-air was level 2. Frost tower could only been build at watery area, but doesn't been mention at the description.

It only have 3 tower available and most of the tileset doesn't permit the user to build the structure. The creep sometimes return to it's original place instead of advancing to the middle.

I am sorry to said this, but the quality and error at this map was certainly unacceptable.

1/5 from me and mini-moderator vote was REJECTED

Last edited:
Level 3
i'm a newbie to TD development too but this map really has a lack of basics. The enemys are able to "escape" diable it. the sound of your level 3 anti-ground-tower is annoying - i had 2 choices "upgrade" or "disable all sounds" dont make a player think about such things!

maybe you should lower the "road" your creeps are running on....

the fact that the ice tower can only be built on water didnt make any sense to me -> after i've seen that its range is 700... take a look at other TD maps and ask yourself "where is the best position for an ice tower?" - In front of a siege/anti-ground/splash and so on...-tower!

maybe you should continue studying the TD tutorials and improve your map with some ideas other maps are giving. A good example for a beginners map is "green TD" (5 towers, good... dunno the english word... traffic pattern?) Star Cross TD is an excellent balanced map, to get some ideas and YES of course here on hive are a lot of other good TD maps guys ;)

==================

+ good terrain
+ spawn depends on player slots

- bad balance
- creeps are escaping
- bad soundset/projectiles
- movement
- the jumping is funny but useless (make it jump and slam the ground to stun enemies or something ;) )
- insufficient tooltips! (i couldnt build the slowtower at first and thought its a bug!)

Level 3
i dont know why or how but you've messed up the towers :p sometimes they dont attack and let some of the creeps pass by...

you obviously didnt listen to all we've said...

- the collisionsize - you didnt change it so your creeps are bopping each other at the spawn - hurray have fun with that bug if you insist on keeping it!
- the frosttower is still on a strategic adverse position (make a waterhole in the inside of the corner if you insist on the water requierment...)
(- the frost tower doesnt slow down enough ) *i'm not sure about that point because of the bugged ground towers...
- the ground towers sometimes dont attack - check the attack range, target range, movement buffer and so on... what kind of attack did you choose (artillery/projectile/and there was a third type i dont remember...)?
- splash tower projectiles (boulders) usually dont trace a target...
- your air-wave is still one small cluster. use "random point in region" for air waves or do something else - but please fix it!!
- check all your labels/tooltips' spelling... there are a lot of spelling mistakes
- add a hint for the slow tower... there's still nothing about the "has to be built on water"-thing...

1/5 changed to 2/5

I thought about my comment and... when someone first gives 1/5 and after some improvements still gives 1/5 that's wrong... so let me give you 2x thumbs up for your dunno the word.... "commitment"(?)!

and here are a few things that have to be highlighted:

+ the enemies cant escape in your latest version - good job.
+ you've really tried to improve the terrain - and i think you managed it! I like the different villages and the patroulling units make it look more "living" ;)
+ you have changed the soudset of the ground tower - thank you!

Last edited:
Level 3
ok now i gave your map another chance... i have survived with only a few lives... hard stuff :p

Ok i think your map works fine, and the only thing you should change now is the amount of waves (you should add about 10) and you'd add some towers or upgrades (and check the old ones there's something wrong... they seem to pick random targets instead of the closest)

and you should write a pm to septimus to have your map replayed after you did the improvements. ;)

In my oppinion this map could be a very good map for TD amateurs to learn how to play, and really should be appoved!!! :mwahaha:

but unfortunatly its not my choice... :hohum:

Level 3
good job :) i wish i could play it but... as you can see your map unfortunately was rejected... i know you gave your best :) and that's the important point ;)