• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(4) Stange Lands 1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a left versus right map I had made a long time ago.

I had gotten some pretty positive reviews about it, except for the spawn locations (blues was located too far away from the gold mine.), so I had updated that.

Update:
I redid some of the terrain... While it is better than before, I will still need to work on it a bit more to make it look perfect.
Added item tables, so you should get drops now.
Fixed the creep positioning, and moved them to make it look a little better (barely).
And a few other things I can't remember right now.

Any and all feedback is welcome.
If it helps make the map better, it helps me become a better map maker.

Update:
Added the 'User slots'.

Keywords:
Melee, Left, Right, Versus,
Contents

(4) Stange Lands 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
15:06, 23rd Apr 2009, by Rui: The minimap clearly tells that is not a good map and it's a melee for a single player... Rejected. 12:43, 25th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Don't upload such poor quality maps here, with awful concept, terrain and...

M

15:06, 23rd Apr 2009, by Rui:
The minimap clearly tells that is not a good map and it's a melee for a single player...
Rejected.

12:43, 25th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Don't upload such poor quality maps here, with awful concept, terrain and drops. This must be 100% remade before you try updating it. Use our Map Development forum, see how Blizzard did their melees, Rejected.

Level 31
Terrain - Poorly develop, lack of tiles variation and everything look like it been spam across the map without a proper planning. The only destructible/doodad that I seen was summer tree and rock.

Those rock effected AI.

Creep - There is no item drop at all and there is no creep guarding those gold mine.

Description - Description at this site was poorly written.

Please read tutorial and view some melee map before you start making any melee/altered melee in the future.

Last edited:
Level 1
I can play the map but there is only one player to choose from. So as soon I start the map I am victorious.

About the terrain. As Septimus said the terrain is plain. It makes the map look dry. Need work on it. Using more than one kind of trees can help. Variations are needed greatly. Looking at the screen shown at the top of thread I guessed that it can lack in terrain & found it correct when I played.

1/5