• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(4)Ordil'Aran

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Reactions: deepstrasz
(4)Ordil'Aran
Player Suggest: 2v2, 1v1
Map Creator: Zucth

215577-532a33b965e8765ddb49b6a07cc8d204.jpg

Map Description:
An old city after the fall of ancient bloodelf after nightelf. Now, the place control by Orgrimmar.

Neutral Building:
10 Goldmines (all -13500)
1 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
4 Goblin Shipyard
4 Mercenary camp -Ashenvale, Outland, L_Summer, Northern, Village
4 Portals

Creep Camp:
8 Green
20 Orange
8 Red [-4 base]

Information:
-Map have a large size [116x112]
-random merc
-present shipyard gameplay and rune of rebirth drop from ship camp.

1.0 upload to Hive

Creator Note:
-An old map of mine that was left in the stock for so long, can't even remember since when.
Previews
Contents

(4)Ordil'Aran (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hey, so it appears you have made some updates since Insekt gave feedback. But it still shows that this is one of your older maps. Mostly because there is no crazy decoration yet ;) I guess the main idea is to make a working boat map, which imo was...
Level 12
Okay buddy, let's go.
  1. First of all: terraining and minimap. Here, on Hive, minimap looks pretty nice, but ingame everything is much brighter, especially deep water around. And if we add FoW to it, everything starts to blend and is much harder do distinguish. Tried it in editor and solution is pretty easy: use darker tiles for deep water areas (Rough Dirt or Black Marble), water became darker and look better in minimap (and minimap only). Try it in editor and compare results.
    Also trees could be little darked, because they blend with grass atm. Just use Ashenvale ones and switch skin to LS (or just make them darker in object editor, if your version do not support skin option).
  2. Portals need different colors. Yeah, actual ones fit to map theme, but they are too similar to each other. They are neutral buildings, so it is fine for them to stand out from environment around. Also raise up them a bit to make them more visible.
  3. As for boat thing: I like the fact that you recycled some ideas ;-) To make transport ships even more funnier to use, make areas behind center mines and Goblin Shops able to reach by ships (same as you did for natural expos).
  4. I like creep choices, but they still could use some work, especially camp compositions and itemdrops. For example at natural expo (where is lvl15 camp, which could be too hard for first expo btw; have mercy for militia) there is combination of lvl5 Sasquatch and 2x lvl4 Trolls. It lacks the trully strongest unit that could stand out from the rest and drop main item (creeps strength is too similar). Maybe change lvl5 Sasquatch to lvl6 Sasquatch Oracle, and one of lvl4 Trolls to lvl3 Troll Traper? Overall camp strength will stay the same, but in the same time main item will be harder to snipe.
    Also redistribute some itemdrops. If there is second drop (power-up for example), it should be dropped by second strongest unit (so if there is "empty" lvl4 Troll Berserker, no reason to put Tome at lvl2 Troll Priest). Again, it helps avoid easy item sniping.
  5. Area around Mercenary Camps could use some work, there are too much chokes atm. Wisps hiding behind Merc Camps could be impossible to kill by fat melee units.
  6. I see no reason to change gold amount of every mine on the map. I propose you to keep 12500 everywhere, put more only at center mines.
  7. There is one wisp spot behind Goblin Shops and mines. Did not found other bugs.

8. And for the end, crème de la crème: war boats. I like this easter egg, I am only not sure about placing them behind mainbase. Bandits can be lured to attack peons, also player cannot hide buildings behind mine, because they can be attacked by Frigate (which deal enormous amount of dmg btw). I think placing these ships only at the corners is enough. It will be still very brave addition :)

Level 26
Okay buddy, let's go.
  1. First of all: terraining and minimap. Here, on Hive, minimap looks pretty nice, but ingame everything is much brighter, especially deep water around. And if we add FoW to it, everything starts to blend and is much harder do distinguish. Tried it in editor and solution is pretty easy: use darker tiles for deep water areas (Rough Dirt or Black Marble), water became darker and look better in minimap (and minimap only). Try it in editor and compare results.
    Also trees could be little darked, because they blend with grass atm. Just use Ashenvale ones and switch skin to LS (or just make them darker in object editor, if your version do not support skin option).
  2. Portals need different colors. Yeah, actual ones fit to map theme, but they are too similar to each other. They are neutral buildings, so it is fine for them to stand out from environment around. Also raise up them a bit to make them more visible.
  3. As for boat thing: I like the fact that you recycled some ideas ;-) To make transport ships even more funnier to use, make areas behind center mines and Goblin Shops able to reach by ships (same as you did for natural expos).
  4. I like creep choices, but they still could use some work, especially camp compositions and itemdrops. For example at natural expo (where is lvl15 camp, which could be too hard for first expo btw; have mercy for militia) there is combination of lvl5 Sasquatch and 2x lvl4 Trolls. It lacks the trully strongest unit that could stand out from the rest and drop main item (creeps strength is too similar). Maybe change lvl5 Sasquatch to lvl6 Sasquatch Oracle, and one of lvl4 Trolls to lvl3 Troll Traper? Overall camp strength will stay the same, but in the same time main item will be harder to snipe.
    Also redistribute some itemdrops. If there is second drop (power-up for example), it should be dropped by second strongest unit (so if there is "empty" lvl4 Troll Berserker, no reason to put Tome at lvl2 Troll Priest). Again, it helps avoid easy item sniping.
  5. Area around Mercenary Camps could use some work, there are too much chokes atm. Wisps hiding behind Merc Camps could be impossible to kill by fat melee units.
  6. I see no reason to change gold amount of every mine on the map. I propose you to keep 12500 everywhere, put more only at center mines.
  7. There is one wisp spot behind Goblin Shops and mines. Did not found other bugs.

8. And for the end, crème de la crème: war boats. I like this easter egg, I am only not sure about placing them behind mainbase. Bandits can be lured to attack peons, also player cannot hide buildings behind mine, because they can be attacked by Frigate (which deal enormous amount of dmg btw). I think placing these ships only at the corners is enough. It will be still very brave addition :)
yea its one of the crazy map that I doing since back then. didn't expect anyone to use it on custom ladder or tournament anyway. in my version frigate didnt get any building aggro behind the main base goldmines(or unless you mean bm lure them to... but I think that's fine called that negative point a feature). It's one of the research or many I can make boat interact in the game as much as possible, but as you know it is like okay... wc3 boat isn't work as good as you think it will. if I had to say I do recommend Water Wheel or Lake Falathim over this one. ++thanks for the feedback!

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hey, so it appears you have made some updates since Insekt gave feedback.
But it still shows that this is one of your older maps. Mostly because there is no crazy decoration yet ;)
I guess the main idea is to make a working boat map, which imo was done ok, and explains much of the otherwise unconventional layout. The runes of rebirth are a fun idea, but probably someone will find a way to abuse them. The frigates should prove to be very overpowered in the earlygame.
Apart from that there are a few other things that could be improved:
1. Naga units as creeps, also overpowered.
2. Itemdrop at the shop seems too strong (btw did you add the ring of superiority independantly of Springtime/Rusty Creek?).
3. I dont like the trappers at the shipyards. It's annoying if you want to give boats a try and they immediately are ensnared. Imo it's fine if players can lute the creeps and buy boats with creeping the camp.
4. The trees will be far away from the main building relatively soon. Not sure how to fix this though. Maybe the "side entrance" to the base towards the shipyards isnt really necessary?
5. The portals look very weird, being sunk so far.

None of this is must-have-update on its own, but as a sum I think this map would benefit from some updates. It's up to you which you want to do and which you dont think are worth it. Map set to Awaiting Update.

Level 26
Hey, so it appears you have made some updates since Insekt gave feedback.
But it still shows that this is one of your older maps. Mostly because there is no crazy decoration yet ;)
I guess the main idea is to make a working boat map, which imo was done ok, and explains much of the otherwise unconventional layout. The runes of rebirth are a fun idea, but probably someone will find a way to abuse them. The frigates should prove to be very overpowered in the earlygame.
Apart from that there are a few other things that could be improved:
1. Naga units as creeps, also overpowered.
2. Itemdrop at the shop seems too strong (btw did you add the ring of superiority independantly of Springtime/Rusty Creek?).
3. I dont like the trappers at the shipyards. It's annoying if you want to give boats a try and they immediately are ensnared. Imo it's fine if players can lute the creeps and buy boats with creeping the camp.
4. The trees will be far away from the main building relatively soon. Not sure how to fix this though. Maybe the "side entrance" to the base towards the shipyards isnt really necessary?
5. The portals look very weird, being sunk so far.

None of this is must-have-update on its own, but as a sum I think this map would benefit from some updates. It's up to you which you want to do and which you dont think are worth it. Map set to Awaiting Update.
yea this one was an old map that got improve later into water wheel. I feel like its a waste to leave it like that so I made it but it still feel out of place imo as well. prob gotta finish cleaning this up