• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3rd Melee contest poll question

The 3rd melee contest should be:??

• 3 player map

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 player

• 6 player FFA

• 5v5

• 10 players FFA

• 11 player map

• 12 FFA

• 14-22 players

• 24 player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Next Melee Mapping Contest: Pre-Contest discussion

The question is the 3rd melee contest, wich category should be?

stick with 1vs1 in the future?

2vs2 or 4 FFA, 4v4 , 6v6, what ever?

2vs2 is not the same as 4 FFA
because in 4FFA everything must be equal to all 4 players, simetry must be x4
while in 2vs2 , teams can be near, and map simetry can be x2

6 Player FFA hexagoon

8 player FFA polygon

there are also FFA with 2 quares or triangles of players like (3v3 x 3v3 and waygates conecting the middle of two big regions containing 2 different areas)

I put only 1 choise, so this poll may reflect what users really want.

anybody can vote, but I would really sugest only users that want to participate cast their vote.
It would be pointless if an user vote 24 player but it has not the will to map a 24 player map for the contest and force others to map a 24 player map contest to users who want a 1vs1 or 2v2.

This poll will not decide nothing (is an informal one), is just a poll to know opinions in an easy way. (is hard to follow post of many users in the same thread).

vote can be changed.

you can explain the reasons of your vote.

This is only to vote, not to make debates, there is already a debate about this matter in mafe thread. Next Melee Mapping Contest: Pre-Contest discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
Yeah, but mirroring is usually used in all melee mapping with an even number of players to maintain the balance.

Also, why split categories into 4v4 and 8 player FFA, when ladder maps for those categories are basically the same. (there are some nuances, but still) That goes for 6v6 and 12FFA and so on...

Level 29
voted for 4v4 (not 8 FFA 8 poligon is hard to do, or the 2 squares of players 2 waygates regions, 2v2 x 2v2 I think)

a 4v4 map can be done in 135x135 and/ or 160x160, so I think it can be done in 1 month aprox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.