• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3ds max UV problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
So, I make my model, I usually work with convert to polligons, I give it a uv modifier and texture it and when I export with NeoScript some uv parts are ruined like there was no uv at all there but in max it shows ok...before I export I always covert to mesh...Note that I gave a UV modifier, convert to pollies again, another UV and so on cause that's how I work...could that have something to do with it ?

Level 18
Could be that it gets messed up because you convert it that much..

Normally I do the model, use some uvw modifiers and convert it to mesh for export purposes.. everything's fine with that.. I think that some uv coordinates get messed up with those converts and other uv modifiers you're using.. Try to do your model and use the uvw maps at the end, and then convert it.. should give best results instead of converting and adding modifiers over and over again (at least for texture parts)

Status
Not open for further replies.