• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[360/PS3] Assasin's Creed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Name: Assasin's Creed

Platform: XBOX 360/PS3/(Rumor) PC

Genre: Third-person/Adventure

So theres this new game, Asssasin's Creed and to me it sounds very good.

Its set in the third crusades, you are an Arab Assasin named Altair, who is equiped (as seen in the trailers and pictures provided) with a short sword, a crossbow and a mechanical dagger that comes out of his missing ring finger. In the game (As the name suggests) You assisnate several important figures belonging to the Knight Templers while uncovering some devious plot (As usual)

What really seems interesting in this game is the realisim and physics, the enviroment is completly inter-actable.

For example, lets say you start walking fast through a crowd, but people get in your way. You can move them aside slowly, or you can push them! The people, and the crowd re-acts.

So if your trying stealth, its not a good idea, because you will get people's attention.

But the most impressive "Crowd stealth" feature is blending in. Another example, Altair is wearing a white coat with his hood on. A group of priests with the same color of coat emerge.

If you blend in to that crowd, the guards will actually lose you in confusion.

The enviroment is equally inter-active. You can knock down a wooden beam, making a barricade of debris behind you as it falls down to escape guards.

And this is quote "You are able to climb and interact with anything that is 2 inchs higher"

The exploration in the game is a big feature, you can climb almost anything and take ANY path using ANY way to get to your target. There are limitless combinations.

Many real cities are made accuratly and historically according to records, such as Jeruselum. You go from city to city, to location to location on horse back, gaining missions and Assisnating targets.

To clear some things up:

In the description, they said that the name Altair (Which they said is pronounced Al-tair) is Flying eagle in arabic.

I know arabic, im not sure if perhaps it is a different form used in the past, but Altair (Which is actually pronounced Al-tah-air (as in Air we breath))
is actually supposed to mean The Flyer.

Just found that interesting.

I do not know the actual release date. But i heard its September 7.

Xbox 360 gameplay demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOk5j-iGuTM

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDssOhiJGp0

Looks really good.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Wow, makes me feel stupid for not getting an Xbox 360. That looks very interesting.

Level 11
I have the game on ps3, its fun but very repetitive. Gets old. Kinda like GTA games, you don't rly wanan do the missions. Just want to run around killing people. Really short game too, I believe because of the graphics.

Trying to find out whats the point of doing all the side quests? Anything special at the end?

Because it has a horrible ending, and it sets up for a second game but still. Ending WILL piss you off. It almost seems to cut off the main characters (Desmond, Altair's ancestor in present time) talking.

Whenever your not in a kingdom, you can use a horse to ride around on. But it is so boring, i mean you find small towns but if you go full speed on the horse you'll have a shitload of guards on you. YOUR JUST GALLOPING, I DIDNT THINK IT WAS AGAINST ANY LAW TO GALLOP!

I know arabic, im not sure if perhaps it is a different form used in the past, but Altair (Which is actually pronounced Al-tah-air (as in Air we breath))

is correct, i thought it would be pronounced All-tar.

You can't interact with anything thought, not atleast untill you gain some ranks, get newe bracers than you can interact with pretty much any ledge, or small terrain piece on a wall to help you climb.

Heres how most the game goes...

step one: ride to a kingdom
step two: get into to the kingdom(have to pass guard post, can't just walk by)
step three: assassins bureau for your conformation of your job, and arrival.
step four: get to a view point to find missions to get info on your target,(sometimes you can't find any from just 1 view point)
step five: solve missions( like one out of pick pocketing,interrogating,eavesdropping, and informer) need atleast 2/6 for early missions and 3/6 for later ones.
step six: return to bureau
step seven: assassinate your target

now repeat that about 6 times and theres 80% of the game.
you only have the prelude type mission, mission to prevent your kingdom from being destroyed, and final mission that isn't as repitive but only the final is actualyl interesting.

The only reason i really wanted to play after i started the game was to see what happened to Desmond in present time. I wanted to see him pull out some throwing knives, stick the doctor in the neck with one, and bang the hot scientist.

Status
Not open for further replies.