1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Role Playing Game] (3) Trellenwood

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Sabertooth, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Resources:
    Resources:
    HTML:

[​IMG]
    Trellenwood
    Created by: Sabertooth_X@Azeroth
    Genre: 3-Player RPG

Ancient elven prophecies predict the return of a great, sweeping darkness which will engulf
    the Trellenwood. Eventually, it will engulf the world, desolating all life. Awoken from their
    slumber, it is up to three legendary heroes to once again combat this darkness.
    Welcome to the Trellenwood, heroes.

Trellenwood is a 3-player RPG focusing on an interesting approach to hero leveling/specialization
    along with unique items to accent those specializations and their abilities. Choose between Barbarian,
    Huntress, or Tribalist and confront the encroaching Darkness. Each of these three classes
    have a variety of abilities to choose from in terms of class specialization. Each of these items also
    have tiered items associated with them. These items grant specific class bonuses.
    A variety of other items helps to further character development.

The story is the driving factor in Trellenwood. As you complete each quest, the group as a whole may
    move on and accomplish the next task. I intend on implementing a few fun/challenging side-quests,
    but nothing major. A mix of different dungeons, items, and other events will keep the linear progression feeling fresh.

Barbarian: A formidable melee class, the Barbarian utilizes his superior strength to subdues foes of any sort.
    Can learn Battle Cry, Whirlwind, and Slaughter.
    Huntress: The Huntress' mastery of bow and arrow facilitates her roll as a ranged damage class.
    Can learn Staggering Shot, Thorned Arrows, and Spike Trap.
    Tribalist: The only current caster class, the Tribalist calls upon voodoo magic and such to deal damage and manipulate foes.
    Can learn Chain Lightning, Juju Totem and Brilliance Aura.

Current Development: Trellenwood is currently in Beta 1.0.
    Download Here: View attachment TrellenwoodBeta.w3x

trellenwoodnew1..jpg
    trellenwoodnew2..jpg
    trellenwoodnew3..jpg
    trellenwoodnew4..jpg
    trellenwoodnew5.jpg
    trellenwoodnew6.jpg

So, what else is there?
    As of right now, nothing. Feel free to contact me here on this site,
    on Battle.net as Sabertooth_X@Azeroth, or Email.
    I will continue to add information as the project progresses.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Sounds promising, and terrain's pretty good. :)

3. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gotta love your thread layout, dont mind if I pinch abit.

4. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the interest, guys! And, sure, you can snag my layout.
    -
    In terms of progress, I've run the game a few times with some close friends of mine. Balancing is in the work, I've added another ability to each hero, and I've worked out the unique item system. Tomorrow, I'll get a Heroes section up on the main post.

This means there will be a playable demo very soon!

5. Raptaman

Raptaman

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm an alpha tester. Nbd ;*

6. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks awesome. Subscribing.

7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the subscription, Jackal!
    -
    I'll be adding new pictures once I'm done alpha testing the newest version. Development is coming along smoothly. A few more quests, items, and abilities and I'll be able to release publicly.

8. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Update!
    I've added an ability to each Hero, as well as two more quests. I've also expanded the items available and introduced some stronger, non-tier Green items. You can see some of the latest gameplay (2/3 players ingame) in the two screenshots I've uploaded.

I look forwarding to hearing what the public has to say. Expect a release this week. :)

9. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Terrain looks neat and the gameplay sounds simple but fun. Waiting for the release.

10. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've uploaded the map! Check the first post. Please play it and send any feedback my way. I will continue to develop and put up the next version as soon as possible. Thanks!

11. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bump! Anyone tried it out?

12. Philstinator

Philstinator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey man I'll jump on it tonight and try give you a detailed feedback, I musta missed it first time you posted you uploaded a playable version.

Are you also looking for suggestions or just bugs? (I'll probably regardless give my opinion on what I like/didn't like though xD)

Does it actually require 3 people? Regardless I will attempt it solo

13. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm on it.

EDIT:

So yeah I tried it and I can say that this is a really neat RPG with neat terrain and generic quests that kinda fit the simplicity of the game especially because there is no custom resource used(The map is only 138kb.. damn). But anyway I would have love this more if the game doesn't become so repetitive with generic blizzard spells and long hack n slash battles. I would recommend that you make/or import custom spells to make it more interesting for players to play and 3 spells isn't enough so i'm expecting a couple of more. Anyway just don't know if its a bug or you really can't be revive on the beta release.. I died in the gnoll and that was it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013