• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] 3 hit auto attack Spell with a 2x damage on the 3rd hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
sup
I need help for making an active spell that gives the user a 3 auto attack buff with a duration if not used
The 1st and 2nd auto attack deals its own damage and the 3rd one deals 1.50x or 2x damage
thnx

Last edited:
Level 14
You will need to use a damage detection system to modify the damage. Look up the one made by Bribe in the spell section I think it is the standard and most user-friendly

Level 1
You will need to use a damage detection system to modify the damage. Look up the one made by Bribe in the spell section I think it is the standard and most user-friendly

but, is there a way to make it as a trigger?
i just want to give the unit that uses the ability to get a stacks of attacks

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Using DamageEngine and UnitIndexer:

• 3rd Hit
    • Events
      • Game - DamageModifierEvent becomes Equal to 3.00
    • Conditions
      • IsDamageAttack Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TempIndex = (Custom value of DamageEventSource)
      • If ()
        • If - Conditions
          • ThirdHitCount[TempIndex] Greater than 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DamageEventAmount = DamageEventAmount x (1 + (0.50 x (Level of Ability for DamageEventSource)))
          • Set ThirdHitCount[TempIndex] = 0
        • Else - Actions
          • ThirdHitCount[TempIndex] = ThirdHitCount[TempIndex] + 1

Level 14
but, is there a way to make it as a trigger?
i just want to give the unit that uses the ability to get a stacks of attacks

The reason you have to use a damage detection system is because an event like “a unit is attacked” can be manipulated by spamming the stop button. It also fires when the attack starts (or when a missile is fired from a ranged unit) not when the damage is dealt. Bribes trigger should work perfectly and is pretty simple once you implement his damage detection system and unit indexer into your map. Not to mention all the other cool things it allows you to do.

Level 8
sup
I need help for making an active spell that gives the user a 3 auto attack buff with a duration if not used
The 1st and 2nd auto attack deals its own damage and the 3rd one deals 1.50x or 2x damage
thnx
  • Cannibalism
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff |cffff0000Cannibalism|r ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set CannibalismCounter = (CannibalismCounter + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • CannibalismCounter Equal to 5
        • Then - Actions
          • Set CannibalismCounter = 0
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacked unit) using war3mapImported\Bskill01.mdx
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing (3.50 x ((Real((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))) + (0.20 / (Max life of (Attacked unit))))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Magic
        • Else - Actions
That is an easier way to make it. Make sure to make another trigger which turns on this trigger.
You can modify it as you want but make sure to make another trigger which Turns on this trigger if you want it as you mentioned above.

But i suggest using Bribes system it detects when someone takes damage this trigger that i gave you will Fire when you're about the hit not when the person is hit.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
  • Cannibalism
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff |cffff0000Cannibalism|r ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set CannibalismCounter = (CannibalismCounter + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • CannibalismCounter Equal to 5
        • Then - Actions
          • Set CannibalismCounter = 0
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacked unit) using war3mapImported\Bskill01.mdx
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing (3.50 x ((Real((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))) + (0.20 / (Max life of (Attacked unit))))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Magic
        • Else - Actions
That is an easier way to make it. Make sure to make another trigger which turns on this trigger.
You can modify it as you want but make sure to make another trigger which Turns on this trigger if you want it as you mentioned above.

But i suggest using Bribes system it detects when someone takes damage this trigger that i gave you will Fire when you're about the hit not when the person is hit.

This is not MUI, and fails when someone abuses the stop button or just has high APM with kiting.

Also the numbers and damage are quite off.

Status
Not open for further replies.