• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2D - 3D Warcraft I-II Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've created a camera for my map which is supposed to accurately depict the view in Warcraft 1 and 2, looking as 2-dimensional as possible.

I've greatly reduced the Field of View value and increased the distance values of the player's camera.

I actually really liked the visual style that I got out of it, but it has this annoying black fog. I've tried maxing out the camera's FarZ value but still no luck.

Is there anyway to remove the fog from the game?

Here's a screen:

Level 14
As far as I know the only solution is setting the Far-Z value higher. I think the max is 10000. But since you said that doesn't work I don't know what would. It should have no problem unless you have some deep valleys or something. The distance you have the camera should easily capture everything with a high Far-Z value.

Status
Not open for further replies.