• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

24 player minimaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
'tis a lovely map but things might get cluttered and build space in starting places is a bit thin. But 24 player maps are bound to fail if not for Way Gates and with those it's could get even more chaotic.
Not sure if it's permanent (happening in every match) or not but Rune of the Watcher seems pretty interesting in the middle where the fountain is. However, it's the advantage of first come, first served.

Approved.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I would like to know in a more detailed fashion what's wrong with the code. Is it adding the wrong players or only adding the first 12?
I can only seem to see 11 start locations on the preview image and one of the players seems to have one of the colours from the new ones (post first 12 players).

EDIT: scrap that. @The Panda is right (see his post below).

These are the current minimap graphics we're using. They only have the first 12 players. Can anyone help me figure out where they come from (MPQs/CASCs)?

It is located at war3.mpq\ui\minimap\minimapicon\minimapiconstartloc.blp however it's dynamically colored by the game so you will have to color them yourself.

These are the new colors:

13 = 9B0000
14 = 0000C3
15 = 00EAFF
16 = BE00FE
17 = EBCD87
18 = F8A48B
19 = BFFF80
20 = DCB9EB
21 = 282828
22 = EBF0FF
23 = 00781E