• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadow Warrior

A male Night Elven assassin/ninja styled unit that was edited from the Demon Hunter model, complete with working Decay animations. The model was inspired by Sellenisko's Shadow Stalker model, although mine was clearly intended to be a regular unit whereas his is a hero.

The concept behind the Shadow Warrior is a light melee unit that is fragile, but is highly manouverable than most other infantry and has a shockingly fast attack rate. Potential abilities could include smoke bombs that would disrupt enemy attacks. A permanent invisibility upgrade is also fitting, potentially turning him into something very similar to Starcraft's Protoss Dark Templar. ;)

As for the reason this model was created, custom Night Elf unit models are usually either female or some form of druid. I disagree with these standards now that somebody brought it up in the comments from my earlier Sylvan Enchantress model, so this guy was solely created to give that particular range some much needed diversity. Oh, and because FAWKING NINJAS.

This model uses ingame textures, so no need to worry about texture paths. Just simply import both the model and the portrait into your custom map!

If you want to use this model then feel free to do that, provided that you'll give credit to me in return.

RECOMMENDED WORLD EDITOR VALUES:
Scaling Value: 0.80
Selection Scale: 1.00
Voice Set: Bandit
Unit Name: Shadow Warrior

UPDATE 1:
Updated the model a bit. Changes include...

- Replaced the texture of the handwraps to the Draenei texture.
- The belt should now look better with a change to the UV wrap, as well as the addition to a hanging teamcoloured cloth.
- A better screenshot since the last one kind of sucked.

UPDATE 1.5:
Made the teamcoloured areas of the model unshaded.

UPDATE 2:
Updated the model as per a moderator's request for approval.

Misha said:
23:01, 7th Apr 2013
Misha: hmm.. on portrait, could you try binding the lower part of his hood to the body? it just looks off to have that hood poke into the other mesh that much. On the main model, there is a slight clipping issue with the front TC-thing and legs and as he walks, that could use tweaking.
also what you could do, although optional, is to make those eyes on the portrait blink occasionally, that'll give it a lill nicer feel :) maybe on a global animation?
I have made the following changes since then.

- Made changes to the portrait as suggested. Also changed the head on the main model accordingly.
- I didn't manage to get rid of all the clipping between the legs during the Walk animation but it should be less noticable. I think. If it still is, then at least I've done the best I could.
- Also, I've made the Death and Decay Flesh animations look a little better.

UPDATE 2.5:
Fixed a few more errors as I've made a bit of a boo-boo with the upload.

UPDATE 3:
Recalculated extents.

Keywords:
male, assassin, ninja, badass, daggers, hood, mask
Contents

Shadow Warrior (Model)

Shadow Warrior (Model)

Reviews
23:01, 7th Apr 2013 Misha: hmm.. on portrait, could you try binding the lower part of his hood to the body? it just looks off to have that hood poke into the other mesh that much. On the main model, there is a slight clipping issue with the front...

M

23:01, 7th Apr 2013
Misha: hmm.. on portrait, could you try binding the lower part of his hood to the body? it just looks off to have that hood poke into the other mesh that much. On the main model, there is a slight clipping issue with the front TC-thing and legs and as he walks, that could use tweaking.
also what you could do, although optional, is to make those eyes on the portrait blink occasionally, that'll give it a lill nicer feel :) maybe on a global animation?

EDIT: ahhh, my WoW nemesis, night elven rogue :p
good job.

Level 16
Good idea and execution but i think it needs a few more changes. His belt looks kinda odd, for the handwarps you can try to use the draenei texture it's a bit more HD and looks better. Also great idea with his head.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I'd like to see some in-game/different perspective shots. However, what you've got there is great so far... I agree, not enough Night Elf diversity. You could almost use this in a few places, with a bit of texture editing (Forsaken, Blood/High Elf, etc).

Level 19
The texture looks incredibilly small compared to the rest of the body (especially the legs)

Level 4
I think this model is AWSOMENESS!!!! lol i love the execution and it works perfect in game make me wana but it in my map!!! and the model SIZE by the god Bless you!
(lol fear the Night Assasin!! 5/5 :D

Level 1
Love the model, but 4/5 because I'm not a huge fan of the weapon design. It tapers too much near the handle in my opinion, but that's more of a personal preference. Regardless!! Still using and crediting