• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2015 New Bloom Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Started yesterday, February 12.

Apparently, at random times, they'll put up a 1 hour timer. When it expires, you've got 10 minutes to enter a brawl, which is similar to All Pick, but, every 10 minutes or so, a year beast will spawn for each team* and attack a random lane.

IMO they screwed it up by making it random and making them stay for so little a period of time. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Okay, I had a shot at it at around 8:30pm friday. The game seemed fun, but my team was full of douches unfortunately. The servers were very unstable. Now the year beasts were supposed to have returned around 20 minutes ago, but the servers burned again. When someone logs into DotA 2, it stays in «Connecting to the dota 2 network...».

For me, this New Bloom is being a large flop. Thoughts?

Level 49
my sentiments exactly, the servers becoming unstable, and the random time brawl is shit. me and my 4 of my friends were in a party a while ago, we weren't even able to play the event. it stays at "finding server" then goes to "finding match" then servers again until the timer expired. in my personal opinion, they could've just made the yearbeast event like what it was last year but with new improvements.

Level 3
Haven't had the chance to test it yet, I'm sure the Dota2 servers are under a lot of pressure right now, hopefully I'll get some time to try it out later tonight!

But overall, a "new" hero, a decent amount of updates and a custom made soundtrack! ...seems like a decent update :)

Level 3
1:05 pm GMT, again same thing: we try to find a match and we lose connection to the dota 2 network. An absolute fiasco. =|

P.S. — There's a new soundtrack? I've only heard the same boring music whilst in-game.

Oh yeah, it's something that you need to buy, think its $4.99
Here is the playlist on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtaUUjp2VXrLeVyZsj4_sc-OHvwE6dV0a
The ingame version is a little better since the sound guy at Valve has remaster it...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Level 10
I still don't understand why people pick heros like PA in this game mode.. Every game i've played someone on my team picks a late game carry -.-

This mode shouldn't last longer than 20 mins, should be picking early game pushers (Shadow shaman, warlock)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
When I'm playing without a team, it's hopeless. Actually it's also been somewhat bad while playing with people from the Hive group, but without them it's even worse. Just today I was practically forced to pick Warlock with a team of Zeus, Tidehunter, Sniper and last pick Necrolyte. Somehow, Tidehunter managed to feed a Troll Warlord at top into S&Y, dominator's and phase boots before our sniper even had the chance to get MoM. Zeus was a crappy player too.

Sad games.

Level 10
When I'm playing without a team, it's hopeless. Actually it's also been somewhat bad while playing with people from the Hive group, but without them it's even worse. Just today I was practically forced to pick Warlock with a team of Zeus, Tidehunter, Sniper and last pick Necrolyte. Somehow, Tidehunter managed to feed a Troll Warlord at top into S&Y, dominator's and phase boots before our sniper even had the chance to get MoM. Zeus was a crappy player too.

Sad games.

Feel free to pm me your steam, i wouldn't mind playing a few games with you. I can guarantee a somewhat good game -.-

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Just today I played another one and it suffered from lags. Anyhow, I was able to play a few and get some sets:

» Warrior of the Steppe for Centaur Warrunner
» Flamestitched Suitings for Bat Rider
» Wings of the Gilded Falcon for Windranger
» Witch of the Outlands for Death Prophet
» The Gifts of Yoskreth for Magina

When will they give me something for Silencer, Rubick, or Techies, the heroes I actually play? >.<
Now is probably a bit late to ask, but is anyone willing to trade sets for Anti-Mage, Death Prophet, Bat Rider or Centaur Warrunner? I'm interested in sets for any support character, mostly Rubick, Techies and Windrunner.

Aside from the aforementioned, I received The Bone Scryer set for Death Prophet.

Status
Not open for further replies.