• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Zenith Doom v1.01

(2)Zenith Doom
Player Suggest: 1v1
Map Creator: Zucth

Map Description:
At the Zenith point, there is a paper-thin barrier between success and destruction.

Neutral Building:
6 Goldmines (All-12500)
2 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Merc - Dalaran Ruins

Creep Camp:
4 Green
8 Orange
2 Red

Information:
-playable size 80x96
-CH layout idea but with bridge in the middle to make a decide fight
-present a new charge 2 and charge 5 list.
-LR expo/merc position

v1.01
-fix aggro issues hope it does not exist anymore
-c5 item I feel like the scroll is too strong but nvm I change from mis5 back to normal c5 but without summoning item
-replace vampire potion with farm (cost problem) c2
-c5 camp replace melee bear with range bear. maybe too strong? But let see how this come out.
-reposition of the tavern
-naga camp I don't feel like I have to change him out the camp there has a ring+3all. it need to be tough but also didn't reward too much exp imo

Creator Note:
-I think I ran out of a good red tile set...
Previews
Contents

(2)Zenith Doom v1.01 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
(just) looking at the issues from my previous review: 1. I dont notice these aggro issues anymore. There are now some with the northern spider/Murgul camp which I'm not if they existed before. This is particularly annoying because of the...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Without even reading the description, I also thought of this as an LR-CH hypbrid. I guess the item tables were inspired by the discord discussions around the LR update?
Imo the map looks, as always, good but different from "normal" ladder maps. While I did like the bridges on one of you other recent maps, for a pure 1v1 I would still arther avoid them. But on the other hand, the layout is standard otherwise, so maybe why not..?
Again, you know by now what I think about stonebreaker ogres and naga creeps.
In terms of other gameplay stuff:
1. Some aggro issues with the northern mud golem camp and zombie/centaur camp.
2. The custom c5 item table is not convincing for me. By the time the this camp is taken, the scroll of should be rather underwhelming compared to the other two items, since most armies should have means to regenerate out of fights anyway. The custom c2 table on the other hand is worth a shot.
3. Also, not sure of the camp that drops the c5 has enough antiair abilities. Maybe the nova is sufficient even if the revenant cant attack air.
4. The taverns create some very narrow choke points. Maybe you can find a better place for them? However, I didnt find one immediately.
5. With respect to creep routes, the standard "take a lvl 2 permanent camp + nearby green camp" seems to be more risky than on some other maps.

So imo the aggro issues could be improved with little effort. If you want to, consider the other points too. Map set to Awaiting Update.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
(just) looking at the issues from my previous review:
1. I dont notice these aggro issues anymore. There are now some with the northern spider/Murgul camp which I'm not if they existed before. This is particularly annoying because of the ensnare/poison.
2. The c5 item table is now more standard. It's still a controversial set of items, but that's not due to the map but because of general blizzard-made balance so ok.
3. Looks fine now.
4. Taverns are in a better spot now. Can make for powerful t2 pushes, but not worse than on CH so should be fine.
5. Looks fine now too. I'm not sure anything changed, and if it didnt, I hereby retract my earlier critcism.

Overall, issue 1 is still annoying should be fixed. But since every other major issue has beeen fixed: Map approved.