• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

2 questions, answer whichever you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1. When I train a unit, how can I set it so that multiple units come out of the building instead of one?
2. How can I make an item physically change a unit's appearance? For example, I've used items that give a specific unit a different sword.

Thank you kindly!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. You will have to use a trigger that is hooked to when a unit finishes training another unit via the appropiate event. Just simply create another unit at the position of the training building. You could also use the object editor's spawn units on death and a dummy unit to make it create a dummy which near instantly dies to spawn 2 units but these will be summons and no waypoint can be used.

2. Give the item a morph ability such as metamorphisis or avatar and then use it. Alternativly use Chaos ability to morph the unit to a different type with different art but be warned this can have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.