• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 problems with permanent immolation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,
1) How to set permanent immolation not to damage Undead units?

2) Techtree - Requirements does not seem to work with permanent immolation.
Is there a simple solution? If not can you please post a trigger where the player upgrades permanent immolation the units who has that ability (let's say Abominations) will learn that ability, and every time the player rescues an Abomination it'll learn that ability.

Level 3
1) Only one i know is the Disease Cloud ability, which maybe u can modify it similar to Permanent Immolation. Otherwise, i'm afraid u have to trigger it.
2)Sorry i can't post trigger atm:vw_unimpressed:. But what u want is like this?:
Event - <sth> finishes researching
Condition - research equal to <sth>
Action - pick every unit of type Abomination and do
Increase level of Permanent Immolation (or set level)
Apparently, u have to create one more trigger to detect Abominations entered the map to set their skills up.
Rescue thing:
Event - <abomination> changes owner/is rescued/ a unit within <number>of Abomination
(May have conditions)
Action - add Permanent Immolation to that Abomination or <triggering unit> :S
- set level/ increase level (if tech researched)

Level 12
JASS:
function SoulDecay takes nothing returns nothing
    local timer t = GetExpiredTimer()
    local unit da = LoadUnitHandle(udg_Table, GetHandleId(t), 'dasd')
    local real x 
    local real y
    local group g
    local unit FoG
    local unit d
    if IsUnitAliveBJ(da) then
        set x = GetUnitX(da)
        set y = GetUnitY(da)
        set g = CreateGroup()
        call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(g, x, y, 190, null)
        if CountUnitsInGroup(g) > 1 then
            set d = CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(da), 'h00C', x, y, 0.00)
            loop
                set FoG = FirstOfGroup(g)
                exitwhen FoG == null
                if IsUnitEnemy(FoG, GetOwningPlayer(da)) and not IsUnitType(FoG, UNIT_TYPE_MAGIC_IMMUNE) and not IsUnitType(FoG, UNIT_TYPE_FLYING) and IsUnitAliveBJ(FoG) then
                    call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\NightElf\\Immolation\\ImmolationDamage.mdl", FoG, "origin"))
                    call UnitDamageTargetBJ( d , FoG, 25.00 , ATTACK_TYPE_CHAOS, DAMAGE_TYPE_FIRE )
                endif
                call GroupRemoveUnit(g, FoG)
            endloop
            call UnitApplyTimedLife(d, 'BTLF', 0.01)
            set d = null
        else
            call GroupClear(g)
        endif
        call DestroyGroup(g)
    else
        call FlushChildHashtable(udg_Table, GetHandleId(t))
        call DestroyTimer(t)
    endif
    set da = null
    set t = null
endfunction

//////
    call SaveUnitHandle(udg_Table, id, 'dasd', u)
    call TimerStart(t, 0.50, true, function SoulDecay)
//////
Lucky for you I've already had to trigger immolation, so here is the code.

Last edited:
Level 12
1) Only one i know is the Disease Cloud ability, which maybe u can modify it similar to Permanent Immolation. Otherwise, i'm afraid u have to trigger it.
2)Sorry i can't post trigger atm:vw_unimpressed:. But what u want is like this?:
Event - <sth> finishes researching
Condition - research equal to <sth>
Action - pick every unit of type Abomination and do
Increase level of Permanent Immolation (or set level)
Apparently, u have to create one more trigger to detect Abominations entered the map to set their skills up.
Rescue thing:
Event - <abomination> changes owner/is rescued/ a unit within <number>of Abomination
(May have conditions)
Action - add Permanent Immolation to that Abomination or <triggering unit> :S
- set level/ increase level (if tech researched)

I'm pretty sure incrementing permanent immolation level doesn't do anything. Please don't try this because you will be pulling out your hair trying to find out what's wrong.

You're better off adding the ability and having them without the ability until it is researched. It will be a pain though because you need to handle units on the map as well as new units.

Level 3
I'm pretty sure incrementing permanent immolation level doesn't do anything. Please don't try this because you will be pulling out your hair trying to find out what's wrong.

You're better off adding the ability and having them without the ability until it is researched. It will be a pain though because you need to handle units on the map as well as new units.

Oh yeah, forgot about the Perma Immolation level thing cant be increased :xxd:

Level 15
Permanent Immolation level up through trigger will not work due to the buff placement upon the passive ability however it works only if you disable it then level it up then enable it using the player disable/enable action.

This effect also is seen in the hero level up, it simply does not level because of the buff placement.
Immolation works the same way, as long as you have the buff placement, it will not level up. Turning it off and on works like it should as mentioned that's why it is the way to solve the problem ;P took me awhile to fix it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.