• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] 2 Problems with my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
My buildings for my map are passthroughable by units, the buildings are Doodads and I need help so they aren't passthroughable anymore by units and items etc.

My 2nd problem is that texting words.. I'm needing the texting to not bug up and stay there because of multiple buyers or clicking the item too fast.

Basically, floating text still floats.

Attachments

• Passthroughable Buildings.JPG
    Passthroughable Buildings.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Floating Text 1.JPG
    Floating Text 1.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Floating Text 2.JPG
    Floating Text 2.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 60
Level 8
For the shop you have 2 choices.

Put pathing blockers around it or change it's pathing base to a bigger object what takes up the space you need

Floating text you need to give it a timer what can also be found under the floating text area in triggers.

Level 1
I gave the floating text a life span and it still doesn't work.

Edit: Heres the a picture of my buildings data, its a doodad and i'm not just what to configure in order for units to not be able to walk through the building.

Attachments

• Doodad.JPG
    Doodad.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 71
Level 29
1. Pathing blockers will do, I always use them...

2. Like DSG said, use...
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads blahhh above YOUR UNIT with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
  • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
  • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds

Level 1
Well, the thing is about pathing blockers is that i've random item spawn throughout the whole village, and so items will sometimes randomly spawn into buildings that you cannot see.

I will try the arcane texture and see if that works, I will also see if the floating text one will work aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.