• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

2 probably simple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
is there a way to make an undead gold mine go from mining +10 gold at a time to +20 without doing a unit replace or anything messy because that will replace and mess with the goldmine etc.. Just have all the current undead mines owned by a specific player start mining +20 and all the new ones the build also mine +20

#2 (More important)
Is there a event that will go off when a player checks the allied victory check box in F11 menu?
not changing alliances or anything just simply checking or unchecking that ally vic box.

Level 10
This is possible to change by finding the ability for the Haunted Gold Mines statistics in the OE under abilities. This ability is called Blighted Gold Mine Ability, and under Gold Per Interval you can change it to what you want. This ability has plenty of possibilities, where you can expand the size of the ring so they can start mining further away, and increase or decrease the amount of miners

Level 13
yeah i've seen the ability and already have it set up in a rigged way, i was wondering if there is a better way to just have a trigger change the ability that unit has/comes with or something from an upgrade. all other races are able to have the gold gathered increased via an upgrade except undead for some reason.

also the alliance change thing i know about but is there a condition to only respond to that check ally vic thing instead of to an actual alliance change such as unallying or allying

Level 5
About your second question, there is no event or easy way to capture a player changing his/her alliance with another player. This is why I created one :)

I made a map that can detect this. I was not able to test it with actually using the Allies menu because I didn't have another person to test with. However, it works as tested with triggers with which I can ally/unally the computer players.

Anyway, I hope this works, because I spent quite a while working on it.

It would be much easier with hashtables, if anyone wants to tackle that. But I never learned them.

Attachments

• AllianceBox.w3x
    23 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.