• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] 2 Noob Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
First Question:
Is there a way to increase a units max health by using triggers?

Second Question:
Is there a way to increase a units damage permanently by using triggers?

Level 16
First answer,, u will need tomes,, tome of health, or something like that,, Or make a custom tome, but remove the effect, it will increase life, but it wont show any tome-effects,,

Second answer,, i dont think so,, However, i once saw a nice (vJass or Jass) system that, i thought, could do that! I will search for it,, give me a sec,
Oh, and that system also included increasing life and so on,, i thougth,,

EDIT: Found it! It has 2 librarys,, So you need to use JNGP,,
This is vJass, but you dont have to edit ANYTHING about it, just use custom script to call the function you need,,
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f413/vjass-bonus-mod-setunitmaxstate-65622/
Bonus Mod library includes increasing damage,, SetUnitMaxState includes max life,,

RE-EDIT: You have to edit SOME things about it, some raw codes,, if you want i can implent it for you ;)

Level 13
DO NOT LISTEN TO Dr. Boom!!!!

WEU Advanced triggers are crap!!!

K the easiest way (i think) is using the abilies "healt bonus" (periap of health) and "attack damage" (claws of attack) and modifying their levels per trigger.

You won't see them in the units abilty inventory but they will add hp and damage.

Level 4
Ya, but WEU is bugged, outdated and can easily corrupt the map,, i would use JNGP and implent the librarys,, it is safer,,
I agree, and have personally worked with these libraries before (back when I really was JUST starting to learn more advanced triggering/basic Jass). They aren't too difficult to figure out or anything (and well documented if I remember correctly), so you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.