• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Blac'koven Citadel

(2)Blac'koven Citadel
Player Suggest: 1v1
Map Creator: Zucth
Inspiration: Lost Temple & Terenas Standard.

225209-298a57d11a019009d8e8181b1453a9af.jpg

Map Description:
The fallen Blac'koven Citadel were known as the iron fortress guard by Lord Garithos himself. The news of his ghost still guard the place even if he's dead is a well known fact.

Neutral Building:
6 Expansion Goldmines (start - 11500, other - 12500)
2 Tavern
2 Lab
2 Goblin Merchant

Creep Camp:
4 Green
12 Orange
3 Red

Information:
-playable size 76x104
-extra instant lv3 tome in the middle. It's might be too strong but the lower version is 100 which doesn't give that much of an impact to the late game/control object. I will be risky here.
-risky instant lv2 at shop, safe golem corner and expo
-charge 2 has no ward drop.

CP version:
-cp version contain 4th heroes middle

-v1.0 upload to Hive
-v1.1 move 4th hero into cp version. the original version middle contain big instant lv3 tome instead. I realize that make 4th hero middle for normal 1v1 it will be hard to do an update and for some people to accept.

Creator Note:
-This one I wanna create a game like on TS which you got a very safe expo and also able to control over something like a bridge but used ramp instead. Also middle camp that going crazy with extra amount of exp like on LT, but choose to go different not as health fountain since it already has ramp control. so I go with 4th heroes instead.
-for the 4th hero, Lord Garithos can use Holy Light, Devotion Aura, Shockwave and Avatar.
Previews
Contents

(2)Blac'koven Citadel (Map)

(2)Blac'koven Citadel CP (Map)

Reviews
Remixer
Review - Blac'koven Citadel (Version November 5th 2022) Description: Blac'koven Citadel is a beautiful melee map for two players, featuring unique flavors through unique creep and terrain aesthetics. Fourth hero can be obtained in the Complete (CP)...

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Review - Blac'koven Citadel
(Version November 5th 2022)
Description: Blac'koven Citadel is a beautiful melee map for two players, featuring unique flavors through unique creep and terrain aesthetics. Fourth hero can be obtained in the Complete (CP) version of the map through the creep camp in the middle.
Terrain: The terrain is beautiful and consistent. The blend of three tilesets works wonderfully together, especially the Black Citadel Rough Dirt blends marvelously with the Dungeon Dirt. Great job. The use of the Raise / Lower -tool gives the terrain a natural look and the vibrant tiles are not overly heavy, thus not degrading the visual readability noticeably. Some props (Houses and Barns) look a little out of place in the middle of the trees or at the shoreline. The custom water tint gives the water a rather off-putting look, most likely on purpose.
Layout: The layout is functional and fair and proper mirroring has been done. The expansion sites are at a fair distance, and I also like that the enemy has quite easy access to the expansions, giving a sort of unclarity of which expansion belongs to which player (the middle line expansions). Having a central creep camp often reduces the contesting potential in maps and so it does in this map too, turning the map more slow-paced, which is not necessarily bad. The middle camp pathing blockers could even be pathing blockers (both) or even sight blockers to prevent cheesing the camp with air units. Overall nice job with the layout.
Creeps: There are plenty of creeps which is good for a more slow-paced map. The creeps seem to scale appropriately in strength and item drops. The corner Red Camp could have a stronger drop to give it more oomph, but this is just my opinion. The creep camps also thematically fit the amp.
Gameplay: The gameplay is slowed down due to no necessity for contesting objectives. Proper resources are given to support longer game time and the game flows nicely on the power curve. Unique factors are also given through the central creep camp to give the map a fresh twist. Overall very nice job.

Recommendations:
Read the comments, not much to recommend here.