• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Ashen Road

Reactions: Kino and deepstrasz
(2)Ashen Road V1.0
Player Suggest: 1v1
Idea: Shrine of the Ancient, match up with one road style map.
Map Creator: Zucth

211343-4438ef37ec43e9cf2131dfc7760eb5bd.jpg

Map Description:
The place replication of an old shrine on the east continent. with one long path toward the enemy.

Neutral Building:
6 Goldmines (All-13500)
1 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Goblin lab

Creep Camp:
4 Green
10 Orange
2 Red

Information:
-playable size 76x104
-middle [hard] expo is very close to the mainbase (closer than 8 tiles) and also very close to the enemy, take it with risk! while I recommend to go for the easy expo on the outer route.
-close orange camp, AoW choices between lv11 camp and easy lv14 lab camp.
-this map has one random creep spot at the portal area. drop c4 (up to your luck)
-the map contain high ground at the middle road from your base toward enemy base, aka one road style.

Just add the reforged version to match the original color

Creator Note:
-I take the idea of Shrine of the Ancient map because I found it interesting and could be rework, with less high-ground and smaller size.
-Maybe I go too wild with the tile palette, was I watching too much space movies? (somehow come up with moon + mars color)
-tree color on minimap if it has a bright color in the reforged version, I was intend to have it that color.
Previews
Contents

(2)Ashen Road (Map)

(2)Ashen Road (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hey it's only a half-red map ;) Is this inspired by the Bloodmyst Isle zone from WoW? It really looks a lot like it to me. Unfortunately, the "ash" tiles dont really work that well imo. About gameplay: 1. It's definitely an improvement over Shrine of...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hey it's only a half-red map ;)
Is this inspired by the Bloodmyst Isle zone from WoW? It really looks a lot like it to me. Unfortunately, the "ash" tiles dont really work that well imo.
About gameplay:
1. It's definitely an improvement over Shrine of Ancients, even though the scenery is less impressive/dramatic. I wonder if Shrine of Ancients was ever played competitively? My guess is that it wouldnt have been as bad as, say, Two Rivers or some of the 2004 korean pro maps.
2. Itemdrops seem fine.
3. The ogre from the rexxar campaign actually could make for good creeps. At least atm I dont see an obvious flaw with them.
4. The royal-gardens-inspired shop layout is interesting but probably irrelevant in practice.
5. Not sure about the random creeps.
6. Overall, there might be too many valuable camps located on the edges of the map, which could lead to passive gameplay.

Not much else that stands out to me. Map approved.