• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

??????[2.4]???

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Naruto Castle Defense v2.4T2

Introduction
Ever want to play a castle defense map that is based on the theme of Naruto? Here's your chance to do so! This map supports up to 6 players, and the gameplay can last more than 1 hour if you ever get to proceed far in the game.

Features
-Only 7 heroes playable as this is the beta map released by the official authors. Each of them has a unique model, and unique custom spells for them.
-Up to 6 spells per hero.
-Numerous items with special set effects
-Custom Naruto models
-Custom triggered spells.
-Various difficulty selection (Recommended for Genin level on 1st game attempt).
-Scenario and Dungeon Quests.
-Epic boss fights. Bosses have custom models and spells.
-Missions available for different level ranges.
-Upgradeable base to strengthen your defense.
-Unique storage unit that allows effective transfer of items, as well as acting as a scouting unit.
-Equipment Upgrading System.
-Custom loading screen

Objectives
Select your preferred difficulty at the start. Pick 1 hero out of the 7 playable ones and defend your base from waves of mobs attack. Defeat all mob waves and the last boss to complete the game. At the end of the game, an all-out PK will be set.

Video(s)
Currently I have no introductory video to showcase the gameplay, but I did create a tutorial of how to play the game at the start.

Uploader Notes
After much description, I would like to clarify on several issues.

1) I am not the original author of the map, but only the translator of the original chinese map. Original authors are Bobby and Dong Dong. The original chinese map can be found at http://hyrzjb.uuu9.com
2) I did not get permission from the original authors successfully (although I tried to), but I did give proper credits to them in the map.
3) The map is almost fully translated, just that there are a few minor areas that I have left out. However, it is fully playable.
4) The map is extremely difficult, and if you do not know the strategies on how to play, you will most likely just lose on the 1st boss wave.
5) There is an older version of Naruto Castle Defense, which is Naruto Castle Defense v2.3. The map is based on the same concept, however the terrains, scenarios, characters are all different. The latest translated version I've released is Naruto Castle Defense v2.3T6F.

For more information, please visit http://ncdf.forumer.com.

Keywords:
Naruto Castle Defense v2.4
Contents

Naruto Castle Defense v2.4T2 (Map)

Reviews
16:14, 7th Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected No permission was given. Map not completely English.

M

16:14, 7th Jan 2011
ap0calypse: Rejected

No permission was given.
Map not completely English.

Level 4
Agree what the above post said - name of the map is ????????, author name is wrong. For now, 1/5.
Frankly, no Naruto map will ever be approved on Hive. There are some already, but those were the days when nobody paid attention to the map quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Why is there no map name on the map itself. You'll have to fix that. You didn't get permission to upload the map from the map maker? So is it stolen then? Read the map submission rules which states all maps must be fully in english and that no maps can be edited without the authors permission.

Hmm.. I would address some of your questions.

Why is there no map name?
- The map is highly protected, and so I translated the map based on the WTS file using MPQeditor.

So is it stolen then?
- Based on the dictionary's definition on stealing, perhaps you can say that the map is stolen by me. However, I have not taken the map for any fraudulent purposes or not crediting the original authors. I made sure that the original authors are properly credited. In addition, as mentioned in the description, I did try getting permission from the original authors, but I requested from them the unprotected version. Perhaps that's the reason why they rejected me. This map is still fully protected, and I merely did wording changes to it. That's all.

The map must be fully in english.
- The map may not be FULLY in english, but all the playable features are translated. The map is fully playable. As long as the player understands english, you will be able to play the game.

Level 3
Agree what the above post said - name of the map is ????????, author name is wrong. For now, 1/5.
Frankly, no Naruto map will ever be approved on Hive. There are some already, but those were the days when nobody paid attention to the map quality.

If you actually take a look at the Author's Name on the Title, you will see the author is Bobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Hmm.. I would address some of your questions.

Why is there no map name?
- The map is highly protected, and so I translated the map based on the WTS file using MPQeditor.

So is it stolen then?
- Based on the dictionary's definition on stealing, perhaps you can say that the map is stolen by me. However, I have not taken the map for any fraudulent purposes or not crediting the original authors. I made sure that the original authors are properly credited. In addition, as mentioned in the description, I did try getting permission from the original authors, but I requested from them the unprotected version. Perhaps that's the reason why they rejected me. This map is still fully protected, and I merely did wording changes to it. That's all.

The map must be fully in english.
- The map may not be FULLY in english, but all the playable features are translated. The map is fully playable. As long as the player understands english, you will be able to play the game.

agh, i don't know why people on hive just HATE anime maps.
@BladeSaint, did you translate the map? Nice work there if you did,even if some parts are not completely translated...but for the love of GOD i cant understand why you forgot to translate the NAME itself lul, shouldn't that be the first to get translated? :p. it should be simple enough to rename it to Naruto Castle Defense, NCD or something else...

off-topic: Did i see you somewhere on Garena before? I seem to recall your name from Malaysia Fufu or RPG rooms

Level 3
@BladeSaint, did you translate the map? Nice work there if you did,even if some parts are not completely translated...but for the love of GOD i cant understand why you forgot to translate the NAME itself lul, shouldn't that be the first to get translated? :p. it should be simple enough to rename it to Naruto Castle Defense, NCD or something else...

off-topic: Did i see you somewhere on Garena before? I seem to recall your name from Malaysia Fufu or RPG rooms

Yup. I translated the map myself. And I didn't translate the NAME itself cos the map is so highly protected, and I only translated based on the WTS file itself. Based on what I've translated, apparently the name of the map may not be included in the WTS file, and hence the name is not translated.

I am a Singapore player in Garena =D Usually in TD Room 3.

Level 28
What has that to do with hating anime maps? It's got to do with following the rules...
Get the facts right.

And this map does not abide by those rules, as:
1) No permission was given to translate this map and upload it here.
2) The map is not fully English (the map name must be English, at the very least - I also noticed the hero tooltips were often incorrect and there were a lot of question marks).

Yes, I read what you said, but that's no valid excuse for not having an English map name.
Another thing that extremely irritated me is how you always put your name everywhere (okay, you say "I (BladeSaint) am not the original map maker, I just translated it" and everything like that, you even added a quest to say what you want to say, while the original author is hardly mentioned.
That's just not done. You just translated it, okay: then stop shamelessly advertising your name over the entire map (and don't try to say that it's not advertising).

Level 3
What has that to do with hating anime maps? It's got to do with following the rules...
Get the facts right.

And this map does not abide by those rules, as:
1) No permission was given to translate this map and upload it here.
2) The map is not fully English (the map name must be English, at the very least - I also noticed the hero tooltips were often incorrect and there were a lot of question marks).

Yes, I read what you said, but that's no valid excuse for not having an English map name.
Another thing that extremely irritated me is how you always put your name everywhere (okay, you say "I (BladeSaint) am not the original map maker, I just translated it" and everything like that, you even added a quest to say what you want to say, while the original author is hardly mentioned.
That's just not done. You just translated it, okay: then stop shamelessly advertising your name over the entire map (and don't try to say that it's not advertising).

And again, to clarify on your issues.

The originality of the map, theft, whatsoever, I can't explain it, because due to the definition of you guys, what I have done constitutes a theft. I can't argue about it.

To address on the "lots of question marks" issue, it is due to my copy&paste of the WTS file from Notepad to JassCraft. As a result, some of the chinese characters turned into a "?" and hence it is hard for me to know what should be translated. And to re-emphasize that I am not a map-maker, I could hardly understand all the codes and I just merely translate whatever I could see. In some case, I may have made some errors in the editing, such that some coding characters are deleted or added that constitute to this problem. However, I believe this problem is minor for the gameplay.

However, I strongly would like to clarify on this. I did not create that quest to advertise my name. Apparently, you did not read clearly enough that I only translated the map, and did not do any modification of the map, which includes the addition of a quest. That quest was already there in the first place. Also, there is only one question with my nick out of ALL the questions available. Even having said so, I agree that in the original map, there can never be such a question with my nick on it. However, that is because the original question is totally unrelated to Naruto whatsoever such that it can only be answered with a random guess. Of course, you can certainly say that I should just translate off the exact meaning.

And apparently, I believe you tried doing that quest such that you saw my name appearing in one of those questions. HOWEVER, I believe, you did not get asked who the original author of the map is. There is such a question within those question bank. Once again, I would also like to emphasize, the frequency of the questions is not determined by me because I have no idea how to do so, and I have no idea which question tends to appear more often.

Despite so, I did not intend my nick to appear everywhere. When I was translating the map, how the heck would I know where and when those strings would appear? I simply see where the author comments are, and I just added my nick and explanation of my position. Wherever you see the map mentioning about the original authors name, that would be where the original authors initially mentioned on their names. I did not "translate" them off and put under my name.

You have no idea how many times I get asked by other players to make modification of the map, do this do that, even when, I put my position as a translator only. I just want to make clear of my position as a translator and nothing else. And to place my name on the map, it is only for the reason to update the map and translation if anything is missing.

Level 28
To address on the "lots of question marks" issue, it is due to my copy&paste of the WTS file from Notepad to JassCraft. As a result, some of the chinese characters turned into a "?" and hence it is hard for me to know what should be translated. And to re-emphasize that I am not a map-maker, I could hardly understand all the codes and I just merely translate whatever I could see. In some case, I may have made some errors in the editing, such that some coding characters are deleted or added that constitute to this problem. However, I believe this problem is minor for the gameplay.
That's a fine excuse, but it doesn't solve the question marks.
I can tell you that there aren't any question marks in JASS (the wc3 scripting language), so if you ever encounter one that's not at the end of a sentence, it's probably wrong.

However, I strongly would like to clarify on this. I did not create that quest to advertise my name. Apparently, you did not read clearly enough that I only translated the map, and did not do any modification of the map, which includes the addition of a quest. That quest was already there in the first place. Also, there is only one question with my nick out of ALL the questions available. Even having said so, I agree that in the original map, there can never be such a question with my nick on it. However, that is because the original question is totally unrelated to Naruto whatsoever such that it can only be answered with a random guess. Of course, you can certainly say that I should just translate off the exact meaning.

And apparently, I believe you tried doing that quest such that you saw my name appearing in one of those questions. HOWEVER, I believe, you did not get asked who the original author of the map is. There is such a question within those question bank. Once again, I would also like to emphasize, the frequency of the questions is not determined by me because I have no idea how to do so, and I have no idea which question tends to appear more often.

Despite so, I did not intend my nick to appear everywhere. When I was translating the map, how the heck would I know where and when those strings would appear? I simply see where the author comments are, and I just added my nick and explanation of my position. Wherever you see the map mentioning about the original authors name, that would be where the original authors initially mentioned on their names. I did not "translate" them off and put under my name.
I read all texts quite thoroughly, thank you.
I know that you a;ways say you're just the translator, but I've seen a lot of in-game messages with your name in it instead of the original creator (special notes).
Of course, you cannot know how frequent game messages appear, but just the quest log and the loading screen should suffice in case anyone needs a translator (if you do requests, I wouldn't know).

A weird thing is that I only saw the name 'Bobby' in the loading screen, nowhere else (probably the quest log as well, somewhere hidden) while your name (as said before) appears a lot of times, even in text messages (a single test-run and you should notice that).

You have no idea how many times I get asked by other players to make modification of the map, do this do that, even when, I put my position as a translator only. I just want to make clear of my position as a translator and nothing else. And to place my name on the map, it is only for the reason to update the map and translation if anything is missing.
Maybe that's because you leave your name all over the maps you translate.

I didn't try to offend you in any way, I am just stating what I have seen.
Translating a map is hard work (I should know, I've translated a map from German to English), but there's is something as 'over-crediting', try to avoid that.

Level 3
That's a fine excuse, but it doesn't solve the question marks.
I can tell you that there aren't any question marks in JASS (the wc3 scripting language), so if you ever encounter one that's not at the end of a sentence, it's probably wrong.

-->I mentioned it as copy&paste? The chinese characters copied from notepad and pasted directly on Jass resulted in the question marks.

I read all texts quite thoroughly, thank you.
I know that you a;ways say you're just the translator, but I've seen a lot of in-game messages with your name in it instead of the original creator (special notes).
Of course, you cannot know how frequent game messages appear, but just the quest log and the loading screen should suffice in case anyone needs a translator (if you do requests, I wouldn't know).

-->Yet again, only by looking at the WTS file, I have no idea where the strings will placed on the quest log and loading screen. Nevertheless, if I were to translate another map, and if I know which strings lead to those 2 places, I would simply put my nick on those place only.

A weird thing is that I only saw the name 'Bobby' in the loading screen, nowhere else (probably the quest log as well, somewhere hidden) while your name (as said before) appears a lot of times, even in text messages (a single test-run and you should notice that).

-->And again, I did not know that those text messages that I've included my nick are intended to appear in game that frequently. Most gamers ignore them anyway, including me, because it's just a wall of text during the gameplay.

Maybe that's because you leave your name all over the maps you translate.

-->I wouldn't disagree with this, but what is done is done.

I didn't try to offend you in any way, I am just stating what I have seen.
Translating a map is hard work (I should know, I've translated a map from German to English), but there's is something as 'over-crediting', try to avoid that.

-->I guess I took your comments kinda seriously because you used the word "shamelessly", which I felt was kinda insulting to me because what I intended for was just to let more people know about this great map that I've found from the china site. I would take note of "over-crediting" in the future if I ever were to know where those strings will appear.

My comments are stated within the quote.

Level 28
Let's start with what I find most important (not chronological, sorry).

Bladesaint said:
-->I guess I took your comments kinda seriously because you used the word "shamelessly", which I felt was kinda insulting to me because what I intended for was just to let more people know about this great map that I've found from the china site. I would take note of "over-crediting" in the future if I ever were to know where those strings will appear.
Sorry for that, I might've used the wrong tone there.
Either way, as I already said: you should be able to see those things in a simple 10-minute test-run.

BladeSaint said:
-->I mentioned it as copy&paste? The chinese characters copied from notepad and pasted directly on Jass resulted in the question marks.
Uhh... so the JASS is also infected with the question-mark-syndrome?
In REGULAR JASS there shouldn't be any question marks, but since it's the chinese version that could indeed be true.
Whenever you see those question marks, isn't it better to double-check notepad (in which they should remain the ordinary chinese characters)?

BladeSaint said:
-->And again, I did not know that those text messages that I've included my nick are intended to appear in game that frequently. Most gamers ignore them anyway, including me, because it's just a wall of text during the gameplay.
I also find those messages quite irritating, but not all of them.
I usually look at every message once and if the message pops up again, I want it to disappear as fast as possible - but I DID look at it (and I think most people take a short glimpse at it, by which you already drained some of the information - even if you don't directly know it).