• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't play RARP - Solaris or BGRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Hey, I love role-playing but there is a lack of space RP maps, these both were the only ones i could find but when i try to start it the game wont start and it just returns to the choose map screen.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I actually prefer medieval but forbidden fruit is sooo tasty...xD

Level 12
Yeah, PoA is broken too, just tried playing it last night with some friends. Wouldn't work.

{EDIT}
Well I'm working on making new med/fantasy roleplaying maps, so is the real Lord-Anarki, and as well as Belial from the West server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
I never bothered coming back to the Wc3 community since I've been busy with my studies for the past year, the triggers were broken as of a recent patch and I've found no motivation to fix them. Sorry.

I'm getting myself familiar with the Starcraft II editor already, from what I'm seeing so far there is a lot of great potential here.

I'll be back :)

Level 2
If you really want a future based RP map, TRPS - Renegade still works. . .
Mostly.
Just a few things you can't use.

Or, pray that someone who has the Sc2 beta is working on an RP map, and maybe we'll have one there by September :D

Level 17
This doesn't warrant a thread so I'll just throw it here;

If anyone was fond of RARP - Empires, I restored it with "XRP". It's basically SotD with a salvaged and revised terrain from Empires, with a few minor additions that you might find in newer RP maps (like flying buildings, an empty "build" zone etc.) This is just a small project of mine that I'm using since I enjoy terraining RP maps, expect some new terrains for the future. The "X" stands for nothing, I just thought "XRP" sounds cooler than "SECRETS OF TEH DEPTHS", lol. It's not some revolutionary (mind the reference) map that'll add supercoolio features or anything, just a pet project I can add my own terrains to, merely because I enjoy RPing on my terrains and some others do as well so I might as well contribute them to the community, can't hurt any.

You can search for it on mapgnome or Epicwar.

no i wont revive BGRP or Solaris. I'm glad to see there is a demographic for future-esque roleplay, but I'm not really interested in space RP anymore. Metastasis is always fun to RP on though, so you could try that.

Level 16
This doesn't warrant a thread so I'll just throw it here;

If anyone was fond of RARP - Empires, I restored it with "XRP". It's basically SotD with a salvaged and revised terrain from Empires, with a few minor additions that you might find in newer RP maps (like flying buildings, an empty "build" zone etc.) This is just a small project of mine that I'm using since I enjoy terraining RP maps, expect some new terrains for the future. The "X" stands for nothing, I just thought "XRP" sounds cooler than "SECRETS OF TEH DEPTHS", lol. It's not some revolutionary (mind the reference) map that'll add supercoolio features or anything, just a pet project I can add my own terrains to, merely because I enjoy RPing on my terrains and some others do as well so I might as well contribute them to the community, can't hurt any.

You can search for it on mapgnome or Epicwar.

no i wont revive BGRP or Solaris. I'm glad to see there is a demographic for future-esque roleplay, but I'm not really interested in space RP anymore. Metastasis is always fun to RP on though, so you could try that.
Can't find it on Epic. ):

EDIT: Can't find it on Gnome either. ):

EDIT: FOUND IT ON EPIC! Crap. I didn't see the XRP thing. xD

Level 3
Yep. TBM and others like Diagas are working together again.

You are sure its really them? A lot of people like to run around pretending. I think Draike has made at least 10 "returns" to Battle.net since DoBRP collapsed. :p

Level 3
If i know how to make triggers i would remake BGRP and others. Because i loved those ones. Its to bad that Blizzard did that to the Roleplayers on Warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.