• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infected Defence

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Squidle
58303d1245527654-infected-defence-infecteddefence.jpg

This is like a TD. But the towers you build don't have any attack, the use spells like slow and 1 tower has the "pheonix fire" ability wich deals damage over time. Play the map to find out more about it :D

Credits;
Grave_Digger_
Angry_littL_man
Blue-Screen
Handycombinder
Airandus
BananaHunt
Combuster
HubCool
r0bfish
fattyghost
Gamecrafter_DK

You can find my discussion thread here and my swedish thread here.

I think I've fixed all bugs. Just tell me about all bugs you find and i will try to debug them :D

Keywords:
Zombies, treants, humans, ancients, zombie, treant, human, ancient, Tower, Defence, Tower Defence, TD, Grave_Digger_
Contents

Infected Defence (Map)

Reviews
00:21, 9th Jul 2009 Linaze: Poor terrain, memory leaks and lacks a proper description.

M

00:21, 9th Jul 2009
Linaze: Poor terrain, memory leaks and lacks a proper description.

Level 10
Hello Guys!

Edit: The current version is doesn't work! Don't dl it yet, im working on it.

When i first uploaded i thought it was bugfree, but when i tested it i found some bugs, so, I've done some bug fixes the last 20 minutes. And I have been mini-updating. I hope that it is alright now.

Edit: Everything works properly now!

Attachments

• InfectedDefence.jpg
    InfectedDefence.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Level 10
All reasons why this map should be Rejected in three words:
- Extreamly Bad Quality.

Screenshot below tells us what kind of map this is.

mistake2.jpg

Please do not sumbit not finished maps next time.
1/5.

Yeah, i know. I have fixed that now. Try it again plz. Im sory for not testing it before posting :confused:

But i have fixed it so dont vote for rejection! Cuase then i will cry:cry: Plz review again.

Level 31
- Cinematic camera's angle was boring.
- Farmer walk to corns took too long.
- Farmers at corns died without touch of any enemy units, zombies ran away not hiting them.
- At first wave of these zombies having howl of terror buff over their heads or something, my screen locked on one of these zombies meanwhile someone attacked me and my lives were running low because I couldn't defend meself while my screen was locked.
- At start, at the first few seconds I noticed some kind of jump or something. Cinematic mode turned off and instantly turned on, that's also bad.

My rating and opinion about it's rejection still remains.

Level 10
- Cinematic camera's angle was boring.
- Farmer walk to corns took too long.
- Farmers at corns died without touch of any enemy units, zombies ran away not hiting them.
- At first wave of these zombies having howl of terror buff over their heads or something, my screen locked on one of these zombies meanwhile someone attacked me and my lives were running low because I couldn't defend meself while my screen was locked.
- At start, at the first few seconds I noticed some kind of jump or something. Cinematic mode turned off and instantly turned on, that's also bad.

My rating and opinion about it's rejection still remains.

1. So what angle do you suggest?
2. They die cause they ate food (it doesnt show)
3. Doesnt happen when i test...
4. Type -Nort Off and -South Off to turn of north and south spawns
5. Jump? Dont know what you mean...

Im am doing my best to fix all bugs

Edit: Once again updated.

Edit: Won't make more updates today. Maybe tomorrow.

Level 31
1. So what angle do you suggest?

Fickle cameras. In other words, variable, unstable or changing.

2. They die cause they ate food (it doesnt show)

At first upload, zombies killed them. So I thought they are supposed to kill them again. Also, you're introducing people as insane? These farmers noticed that the food is infected, so why an earth they ate it?

5. Jump? Dont know what you mean...

Watch the firsts five seconds of beggining cinematic and after five seconds farmer will start talking, when the message of it will show up, cinematic mode turns itself OFF and immediately turns ON. That's how it looks while you watch it.
Must be fixed.
Farmers still walks to corns taking too long.

Anyway, how am I supposed to kill these zombies if I am not able to even hit them. Unit do zero dmg and it builds structures that also makes zero, just are able to research some kind of upgrades or something, that requires too much of gold.
I call that - imbalance.

Map still worth a rejection.

Level 10
Fickle cameras. In other words, variable, unstable or changing.

At first upload, zombies killed them. So I thought they are supposed to kill them again. Also, you're introducing people as insane? These farmers noticed that the food is infected, so why an earth they ate it?

Watch the firsts five seconds of beggining cinematic and after five seconds farmer will start talking, when the message of it will show up, cinematic mode turns itself OFF and immediately turns ON. That's how it looks while you watch it.
Must be fixed.
Farmers still walks to corns taking too long.

Anyway, how am I supposed to kill these zombies if I am not able to even hit them. Unit do zero dmg and it builds structures that also makes zero, just are able to research some kind of upgrades or something, that requires too much of gold.
I call that - imbalance.

Map still worth a rejection.
I have made most things you said.
+Updated it!

Try again Im doing my best½!

Level 31
Camera was still boring. You should remove the farmers and create zombies instead to kill farmers and create zombies. Now it looks like zombies came out from farmers. They're supposed to transfer into them. Why child's name is Player 2? Farmers has decent names, so why child not? How about naming him Timmy or something else. Map gameplay still contains with imbalance, I would like to see you finishing this map without any cheat because I have no idea how to win without it.
Fix this, it seems you missed typing your name here, screenshot below:

mistake3.jpg

My rating still remains.. Again..

Level 10
Camera was still boring. You should remove the farmers and create zombies instead to kill farmers and create zombies. Now it looks like zombies came out from farmers. They're supposed to transfer into them. Why child's name is Player 2? Farmers has decent names, so why child not? How about naming him Timmy or something else. Map gameplay still contains with imbalance, I would like to see you finishing this map without any cheat because I have no idea how to win without it.
Fix this, it seems you missed typing your name here, screenshot below:

mistake3.jpg

My rating still remains.. Again..

1. The name is supose to be Player 2, cause it has the name of player 2. So if player 2 is Mr.Fille the child's name is Mr.Fille-
2.You can't be solo, thats to harsh. 2 or 3 at every lane. Its not supose to be a solo game. Though i might create a solo mode l8er.
3. About that, it says Grave_Digger_ when you push any button (When it normaly says, W8ing for other players)

About imbalance, I will try to make it more balanced.

Edit: I've made some stuff, Easy Mode, Solo Mode and Medium Mode.

Last edited:
APProject, you seem awfully hostile when moderating... i'll just test it, it can't be THAT bad, can it?

Edit: ... Cinematic sucks, you could atleast make them say: "*munch*" or something... and the got stuck behind some house for SO long... that made by thing, still not working... the game begins!!! uhh.. oh.. whadda... HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DAMAGE THEM????? For once, i agree with Approject, this map is really really lacking... and no pr. level income? how are you going to turn it around, if you made a mistake? i liked the map ON TEXT, but it.... well it aren't working. LIKE THE IDEA :D

Level 31
APProject, you seem awfully hostile when moderating... i'll just test it, it can't be THAT bad, can it?

Edit: ... Cinematic sucks, you could atleast make them say: "*munch*" or something... and the got stuck behind some house for SO long... that made by thing, still not working... the game begins!!! uhh.. oh.. whadda... HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DAMAGE THEM????? For once, i agree with Approject, this map is really really lacking... and no pr. level income? how are you going to turn it around, if you made a mistake? i liked the map ON TEXT, but it.... well it aren't working. LIKE THE IDEA :D

How am I moderating? It's just my reviews.
As you see, my reviews are not that twaddle as you thought.
I know that I look really mean when I give these quite harsh posts to map section, but I think only 'wintry' reviews will induce people to improve their resource.

Level 10

1. that *munch* thing i might add.
2. They take damage over time, you can slow them and build reduction towers wich deals damage.
3. I have problem with a trigger, the event "Timer Exspires" is leaking. And i dont know how to fix this so atm you dont get any more gold =/
4. It's supose to say Made By: (only) cause when you are more players when it says "WAITING FOR OTHER PLAYERS" it will say Grave_Digger_.

To approject - It was mainly for dramatic effect ;) but it had a bit of truth in it, too, just my opininion, no offense. (and for that moderation thing, i meant reviewing :D)

To grave-digger Sorry, i spoke so 'Wintry'... :) i like the map... and i really want it to work... 'cause it'd be ausumn. that's not good, that it leaks, but to make a temporary pr. level income, you could make the money gain at the start of each wave, just temporary... until you find the problem... But also, i think you should be able to make towers, that increase this deduction in hp, globally, in addition to that immolation tower (that i never could afford) i guess you MUST be full players to have a chance... well, keep up the work, you probably shouldn't have uploaded it yet... :)

edit: what the hell does wintry mean? something like 'grumpy towards others'? that's what i think.

Level 10
To approject - It was mainly for dramatic effect ;) but it had a bit of truth in it, too, just my opininion, no offense. (and for that moderation thing, i meant reviewing :D)

To grave-digger Sorry, i spoke so 'Wintry'... :) i like the map... and i really want it to work... 'cause it'd be ausumn. that's not good, that it leaks, but to make a temporary pr. level income, you could make the money gain at the start of each wave, just temporary... until you find the problem... But also, i think you should be able to make towers, that increase this deduction in hp, globally, in addition to that immolation tower (that i never could afford) i guess you MUST be full players to have a chance... well, keep up the work, you probably shouldn't have uploaded it yet... :)

edit: what the hell does wintry mean? something like 'grumpy towards others'? that's what i think.
1. I have fixed the money bug now. The "immolation" tower is not immolation, its like pheonix fire. The zombies have immolation, so you need moonwells.
2. You just need to play -sm (solo mode) to afford reduction tower.
3. Have added some more words that the farmer says at the farm.

+ Updated

XD thanks dewd

edit: Solo player mod isn't possible, sorry to say it dude, but the idea is GREAT! but it doesn't work in real life, the timer thingy is all crazy. you have 0 time building, make the timer start when there's no more zombies, for starters. and, make those reduction towers stronger, and the zombies slower, since they are way too fast, you can ramp it in the later levels.

Level 10
XD thanks dewd

edit: Solo player mod isn't possible, sorry to say it dude, but the idea is GREAT! but it doesn't work in real life, the timer thingy is all crazy. you have 0 time building, make the timer start when there's no more zombies, for starters. and, make those reduction towers stronger, and the zombies slower, since they are way too fast, you can ramp it in the later levels.

Why isnt solo mode playalbe?
Yeah, its a bit wierd, i might change it to; When the cinematic is over add time periodic event every 30 second of game time or something.

Yeah, about the timer, will probobly do that.

About gold. I got a new idea;
I have another timer called "Gold In:"

Is that a good idea?

Level 10
that may fill too much... you can maybe use the food to make it count to 30 or so..., that'd be refreshingly new :D

Yeah, that timer didnt work out very well, and that about food counting;

I thought of that. Thats good idea! Will probobly make that.

Edit; Working on it right now.

Edit 2; Testing now :p

edit 3; Updated it!!

Last edited:
No i haven't... i have been busy making a map... it's turning out great, still need a lot of testers though...

Edit: now i have, and it's bugged like hell, the farmers don't talk, except when the start by that grain. also, only level 1 showed up, and then the timer said 30-29-0-30-29-0-30-29-0 over and over again, and the food system, it's supposed to say X / 30 where x is the second thingy... AND!!! then, the money problem is fixed, i couldn't get rid of the money in time!!! -.- that version was just all screwed up. don't download this one ppl.

It was fixed! i tried the map again, and i found out how it's meant to be played!... uhhh i spammed walls all over... and then i found out that slowing walls had more hp AND an ability for less money -.- THEN i found out that the upgrades are bullshit they don't do nothing. except maybe mana regen for moon wells. then i found out that the slow towers don't throw it by themselves, you have to use it, that gets boring after a while. the phoenix fire towers --- it didn't seem they shot at the zombies, before i spammed slow on them, and then they just shot everywhere!!! then i found out that my towers and walls were taking heavy damage. then i found out that there were no upgrade possibilities, smacked my head down into my desk and clicked 'exit' seems still quite unfinished.

Last edited:
Level 10
It was fixed! i tried the map again, and i found out how it's meant to be played!... uhhh i spammed walls all over... and then i found out that slowing walls had more hp AND an ability for less money -.- THEN i found out that the upgrades are bullshit they don't do nothing. except maybe mana regen for moon wells. then i found out that the slow towers don't throw it by themselves, you have to use it, that gets boring after a while. the phoenix fire towers --- it didn't seem they shot at the zombies, before i spammed slow on them, and then they just shot everywhere!!! then i found out that my towers and walls were taking heavy damage. then i found out that there were no upgrade possibilities, smacked my head down into my desk and clicked 'exit' seems still quite unfinished.

The upgrades dont work? They did last time i tried them =/
I wasn't sure if the hp regen worked but the other ones...
Will try to fix it quickly.

Edit: + Update!

Level 10
Hehe thanks ;) and because he did that, i'll continue helpin' him. ... a great idea would be to make them upgradeable, like, the wooden wall - iron wall, ALL of them, it would help quite a lot.

Well, I didnt wan't to use upgrade towers so much. Thats why i made the upgrades for spells. My idea now is to give more upgrades, not new upgrades but so you can upgrade more times and a new tower.

Edit: Insted of creating a new tower i used the old "Anceint Tree Warrior" but replaced entagling roots with "ancient lightning". Play the game to see more...

oh, yeah! i totally forgot, sorry to keep you waiting SRY :D

Edit; There's a major bug, they die when thay start attacking the walls...

Edit; when a zombie goes through it says "you know have 44 life" etc... it's Now, not know.
The wall research says "regeneration" but no regeneration is added.
You don't have the time to get a wall in place before the first wave.

Last edited: