• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.2C bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
1. Reset talents force you to exit the spellbook. This didn't happen in 1.2B.
2. Dwarven corpses magically revive by the glory of the Lord of Light after a burning.
3. Gaias Pt. IV, check Archdruid Lannarion's last text line, seems to be off (wasn't paying too close attention though since it was voiced)
4. Dun Haldran TP has no level requirement (lvl1 yeti runs woohoo)

Last edited:
Level 2
Aura from legendary soul (vile conduct) also affects on friendly dwarfes during New Sentinel quest.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I lost the amulet reward from the sewers sludge quest, and instead got a psionic blade item with 999 charges.
... guys, please, I need more than that. What exactly did you do? Did you load a character with the amulet or what? I have literally no idea what this bug report is about.

all instrument dont have aura
Same issue: what instrument doesn't have an aura? It obviously can't be all of them, since I checked some and they did work. -_-

Bug reports are pointless if you can't be precise about what you did or tried to do when the bug happened.

Level 2
Same issue: what instrument doesn't have an aura? It obviously can't be all of them, since I checked some and they did work. -_-

Expedition Chimes doesn't have an aura.

Edit: Icy Harp also doesn't have an aura. I haven't tried any others.

Last edited:
Level 2
Potion Belt III doesn't work, but I and II do.

I can add charges to Potion Belt III and when I click on it it opens its spellbook, but all the options are blank as if it had no charges.

Edit: As Saiko pointed out I just had to drop it and pick it back up again. Oddly, Belt IV worked without doing that even though I did the exact same thing.

Last edited:
Level 8
Potion Belt III doesn't work, but I and II do.

I can add charges to Potion Belt III and when I click on it it opens its spellbook, but all the options are blank as if it had no charges.
Apparently you just need to drop and pick it up again. Some sort of war3 bug.

Level 1
I tried to craft the new Necromancer staff but it sais "not enough materials" but i have them. Maybe tooltip is missing something
3x questdust
3x mc dust
1x silverore

Level 3
... guys, please, I need more than that. What exactly did you do? Did you load a character with the amulet or what? I have literally no idea what this bug report is about.

Sorry, I had the amulet in my backpack and I loaded in singleplayer on LAN. Tested it again and had the same results. Got a 999 charge undroppable psionic blade item on my backpack replacing the amulet. Haven't tried with other players.

Level 3

Bug reports are pointless if you can't be precise about what you did or tried to do when the bug happened.

''Devils flute'' has no aura

"Expedition chimes" too

Last edited:
Level 8
Sorry, I had the amulet in my backpack and I loaded in singleplayer on LAN. Tested it again and had the same results. Got a 999 charge undroppable psionic blade item on my backpack replacing the amulet. Haven't tried with other players.
Vanilla war3 saving is not supported by gaias (actually most modern war3 RPGs can't save/load properly and have no reason to do so).

Level 2
I tried to craft the new Necromancer staff but it sais "not enough materials" but i have them. Maybe tooltip is missing something
3x questdust
3x mc dust
1x silverore

I haven't tried crafting it but the recipe says it requires a soul essence?

Level 8
Again, sorry for being unclear. I was not using war3 save, I loaded my code alone in a multiplayer lobby.
That's worrisome. Post the replay or your username+password.

4. Dun Haldran TP has no level requirement (lvl1 yeti runs woohoo)
5. Captured Lightning attachment model is placed far from the Sorcerer's body (flying off to the left and high)
6. Sometimes Overseer's right fire-shield golem gets stuck between him and a table, melees can't get in to fight and he can't be pulled away normally.
plgeO.png

Last edited:
Level 9
The Pure Essence recipe creates Executioner's Axe and not Pure Essence.

Also I think Pure Essence's proc and maybe health should be buffed, the proc should average out to do more damage than Fist of Zartos, otherwise its overall worse than Fist of Zartos. Right now Fist of Zarto's proc averages out to about 12 more damage, I think Pure Essence's procc should average out to around 20 tbh, since you're losing crit as well.

Level 10
I don't think the crow is redirecting the aggro to the druid accordingly. I was just running gazlow for a few people and my crow pulled aggro and was the target for flamethrower. Based on how the mechanics work I should have received the flamethrower not the crow

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I don't think the crow is redirecting the aggro to the druid accordingly. I was just running gazlow for a few people and my crow pulled aggro and was the target for flamethrower. Based on how the mechanics work I should have received the flamethrower not the crow
The way I use to redirect threat from the crow to the owner is not 100% failsafe. Especially when the owner is doing nothing and just watch the crow attack, things like this can happen.

When I coded the threat system, I never intended for units to be untargetable, so I applied some workarounds here and there.

The threat transmitting works, though. You can easily try it out on a training dummy by just having a second minion and the crow attack the dummy at the same time.

Level 8
Ah, I see. Looks like a small save/load system error. These things generally aren't fixed since fixing it may break another item load (and it isn't worth the trouble anyway). I would recommend selling that amulett (it has no use anyway) in a previous version and resave/load or your backpack slot will be stuck forever.

Level 1
Hurricane Ring says +5% crit chance but it gives +12%

I think it should give more than 5% btw. Ring of the Paragon serves better for both tank and dps builds.

Level 2
If you have two max stacks of a stackable material in your bag and you craft a recipe that uses that material, it will use materials from both stacks. e.g. I had two stacks of 10 Whitepine Dust each, then I crafted Headdress of the Forebear, which requires 4 Whitepine Dust, and I was left with two stacks of 6 Whitepine Dust.

I tried crafting a Gladius (requires 2 Iron Ore) to test this and found that with two stacks of 3 Iron Ore each, I was left with two stacks of 1 Iron Ore each, but with one stack of 3 Iron Ore and one stack of 2 Iron Ore, I was left with one stack of 3 Iron Ore.

Status
Not open for further replies.