• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.22 Fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, we don't want to give a date or anything specific because there will certainly be unsatisfied people if it turns out to be inaccurate.

The status so far is that most of the C++ coding is complete - all the natives are restored and are now working with 1.22 and we made plenty more that will ease the use of WarSoc.
However the new natives are pretty unstable right now and require testing. We have no idea how long will that take and we don't want to release something that keeps crashing or doesn't work the way it's supposed to. We also don't want to release until the current set of natives becomes "final" - right now some might get renamed, merged/split or removed at some point which would mean extra work for the mapper who used them (correcting his map).

Level 15
Well, we don't want to give a date or anything specific because there will certainly be unsatisfied people if it turns out to be inaccurate.

The status so far is that most of the C++ coding is complete - all the natives are restored and are now working with 1.22 and we made plenty more that will ease the use of WarSoc.
However the new natives are pretty unstable right now and require testing. We have no idea how long will that take and we don't want to release something that keeps crashing or doesn't work the way it's supposed to. We also don't want to release until the current set of natives becomes "final" - right now some might get renamed, merged/split or removed at some point which would mean extra work for the mapper who used them (correcting his map).

wow new natives and working with 1.22 patch that sure is awesome can't wait for it when its out i will use it for sure and btw i am currently using Rtc in this version according to you some native names will change well that means my campaign will crash if you change GetMouseX, y, GetWindowX... and trigger events for mouse and keyboard functions, i hope you to not change them but well if you do got no choice but to script that again... Hope you finish with this in next 6 months...

Level 25
.22 is a fail patch because it was just to *SUPPORT* Defense Of The Assholes god damn you blizzard for making the SCII release soooo slooow because DOW2 already came out. DAMN YOU BLIZZARD! DAMN YOU!

So.. It would be better that they skipped patching wc3, leaving it to rot and releasing a buggy sc2 that everyone will whine at for it's bugs? (EMPIRE:TOTAL WAR).

Level 21
So.. It would be better that they skipped patching wc3, leaving it to rot and releasing a buggy sc2 that everyone will whine at for it's bugs? (EMPIRE:TOTAL WAR).

I don't see how sc2 has anything to do with it, but do they need to stop patching wc3? Yes. The 2nd last patch took about a year to develop, changed virtually nothing except that it fixed a dota bug and fucked up newgen and rtc. The last patch took a few months and changed literally nothing.

Let's see:
• Battle.net now uses a new banner ad system.
• Fixed an exploit where an altered custom map would be seen identical to the original custom map.Fixed an issue where some patches could not apply on Intel Macs.

Hurray.

So, yes, stop patching warcraft 3. Don't try to fix what isn't broken, cause it only breaks stuff.

Level 15
the blizzard only said they fixed sound problem in dota coz its most popular and people usually will know dota better then some other maps. but they fixed it in all maps not only dota omg and you can ask Vex that it fixed his problem in map optimizer which is popular. Well i as well dont like 1.22 not 1.23 beta patchs coz they are using warcraft to test ther stuff on but next time think before posting something plz...

and ofc i dont like it coz new gen and rtc crashed but well we are the onse who choosed to buy this game nobody forced us to...

Greets all!
~Dark Dragon

Level 21
but they fixed it in all maps not only dota
Right, ofcourse. But it's still pretty meh to see that they're busy for over a year to fix a sound bug. And I mean: a sound bug. If anything has to be fixed at all, it's going to be all those hacks and jass bugs, not some kind of sound bug that might occur once in a blue moon. I mean, the least they could do in a year is add another neutral hero with 4 abilities, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.