1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

00 - A Dire Message

Submitted by micromonkey
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
(Note this map is more of an opening cinematic rather than an actual map. It is the prologue to my Blood Elf Campaign)

Pushing through the darkness, the surviving Blood Elves of Silvermoon have reestablished their ownership of their ruined city and brought it back to its former glory. However the Scourge lays waste at its doorstep night and day, while their elven leaders quarrel within their sanctums. Many Blood Elves wonder when salvation or doom will finally take effect.

Screenshots
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits

Models
General Frank
Devine
armel
anarchianbedlam
Elenai
Captain_Jack
Ket
Metal_Sonic
JetFangInferno

Spells
Weep
Champara Bros
Pyritie
sPy

Icons
67chrome
Mr.Goblin
LiOneSS
Dan van Ohllus
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Sephiroth_VII
Paladon
(Note I have been working on this since 2009, and some I may not be able to remember or find some of the authors of the models used. If you recognize one, please PM me and I will add it =)

For more updates and info read this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/scion-blood-blood-elf-campaign-188437/#post1830699

Keywords:
World of WarCraft, Blood Elf, Campaign, Scion, Scion of Blood
Contents

00 - A Dire Message (Map)

Reviews
09:04, 17th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Cinematic need better terrain.
  1. 09:04, 17th Jun 2011
    -Kobas-:
    Cinematic need better terrain.

2. micromonkey

micromonkey

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is mainly a long cinematic that starts the story off with a deslolated helpless theme. I'm uploading the next map in the series soon. Today hopefully

3. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Fix the author name and add map type. You are not going to grab much user's attention with that description; use pictures, tables, colours, etc. Take a look at the other maps on the Hive, the ones that are approved will have at least a decent map or else otherwise.

4. micromonkey

micromonkey

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wish I knew how to make a custom Hive Icon -_-

Other than that, I'm taking screens of the cinematic. I'm not necessarily new to this website but I'm new to uploading.

5. TheKurt009

TheKurt009

Resources:
    Resources:
    i new lightbolt was gonna say that!:ogre_hurrhurr:

6. micromonkey

micromonkey

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've seen maps with the custom icon like "Aeon of Fill in Blank ____" as the pic for the icon. I don't intend on changing up the map, because

IT IS A CINEMATIC NOT A MAP

So, how do I add that little banner of picture in place for the Hive Map Icon?

MKAY I added a Map Preview.

Now if you would plz play the map instead of judging the book by its cover =D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
  7. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, a even a brilliant book will be judged by the least cynical from it's cover. It's natural.
    Unless of course even if the book's cover and synopsis is really bad and the reader just so decides to open the worst book on the rack.

You used the same screenshots twice. Delete one of them.
    Please isolate your screenshots into a different category like this:
    Screenshots
    Place your screenshots here!

Other than that, it looks fine.

8. micromonkey

micromonkey

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Erm, so you're implying that the story I'm setting itself is bad?

I don't know how to separate categories either -_-

9. kevlamin

kevlamin

Resources:
    Resources:

use hidden tags if you need to know how click on the BBcode link in lightbolt30's sig

10. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, I'm just saying judging a book by it's cover is done naturally like how people judge others with first impressions. First impressions don't always mean what the person is but people are still judged by it anyways.

Use hidden tags. Use a hidden tags inside hidden tags to separate further.

11. micromonkey

micromonkey

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gotcha. Got the hidden tags put in, and I'm bookmarking lightbolts BB code page lulz

12. Legion_King

Legion_King

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, the terrain was kinda poor especially outside Silvermoon city, which it would need some work on it, though it was already mentioned in the Moderator comments.
    The story wasn't bad at all except for some mistakes in the dialogues, and 2 words which were written wrong.
    Shattrath City was written as Shattrah, and Eredar was spelled Eredard, plus Kil'jaeden is a Man'ari Eredar.

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    3/5. Mostly some shot ideas.
    They were invaded by undead but it was not that a problem to leave the capital undefended to go to Outland?